Patent Attorney / Patent Counsel (m/w/d) - Herzogenrath
Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. For more than 140 years, our ideas, technology and people have changed the world: real turning points that have transformed lives, industries and society as a whole.
Patent Attorney / Patent Counsel (m/w/d) – Job Stage 6
REQ. ID 270190
Location: Herzogenrath, Germany
The Patent Department is part of the global Ericsson IPR & Licensing Organization and responsible for inventions originating from several European countries and for all IPR related tasks including handling inventions in all stages from R&D project support, patent application filing and prosecution, coordination of national filings up to oppositions, nullity actions, and portfolio management as basis for the value creation from our patents.
In addition, we coordinate European litigations and defend Ericsson or help our clients to defend themselves in litigations arising. We work in close cooperation with other Ericsson patent and licensing units worldwide and the common legal department.
- Be responsible for evaluating inventions, drafting and filing of patent applications, preparing office actions and claim charts to obtain granted patents in close cooperation with R&D, other patent professionals (internally and externally) all over the world.
- Work with oppositions and litigations. This includes drafting nullity actions and supervising external attorneys working on litigation and nullity proceedings.
- University degree in electrical engineering, physics or computer sciences with profound knowledge in radio communication technologies (preferably LTE/5G NR or WiFi)
- Experience in a telecommunications environment would be an advantage
- Qualified European Patent Attorney is preferred, German Patent Attorney would be a plus
- Experience in patent portfolio management would be an asset
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in English and preferably German is required, any other language will be an asset
- Unlimited contract
- An international working environment with cooperative teams
- Global projects and international customers
- Flexible work hours
The ambition is high. That is why we are seeking experienced individuals to accelerate the momentum in our region. Please kindly apply via the Ericsson Jobsite at www.ericsson.com/careers. Applications via e-mail cannot be accepted due the data protection regulations. For queries, you are welcome to contact Varvara (email@example.com).
Discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination ericsson.com
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Germany (DE) || || Aachen || R&D
Req ID: 270190