Product Marketing Manager
Product Marketing Manager
Red Bee Media is the world’s leading Managed Service provider to the media industry. Working with the best media brands in the world, we enrich and ensure media experiences.
Every day, people on all continents watch television programs prepared, managed and broadcast by Red Bee Media staff. Every year, the business delivers more than 2.7 million hours of programming in more than 60+ languages for nearly 500 TV channels. Its content discovery portfolio spans more than 10 million movies and program titles, covering over 25 languages, and includes an image database covering over 90 percent of all programming available across traditional TV, video on demand (VOD) and subscription video on demand (SVOD). It provides over 200,000 hours of captioning each year – more than 70,000 hours of which is live.
For content providers who want high quality media experiences for their audiences, Red Bee Media is trusted to manage and transform complex, mission-critical services with superior expertise, leading technology platforms and passion.
We consistently deliver the highest quality Managed Services utilizing the most agile and efficient solutions to reduce time-to-market and minimize business continuity risks. We can deliver our customers’ content to their audience on every device, ensuring it is discoverable and optimized. We ensure to be the best long-term partner to meet our customers’ complex and rapidly changing needs through our unique media heritage, technology experience and innovation focus. Our portfolio of services spans the entire media value chain including: Playout, Media Management, OTT, Access, Content Discovery, Piero Sports, Graphics and Creative.
The Red Bee Media Marketing team is part of a broader Sales Enablement function focused on supporting the entire sales and marketing process.
Reporting directly to the Head of Sales Enablement, the Product Marketing Manager is responsible for the definition of value propositions, creation of sales and marketing materials, and the market messaging which underpins our Video Services and Data Services portfolios. This high-profile role works in partnership with Product Management, Sales and Leadership teams, and external suppliers as required, to develop all required materials to support our sales and marketing processes.
The role will suit a tenacious Product Marketing professional, who thrives working in a self-starting environment and can provide experience and guidance in Red Bee Media’s portfolio development.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Development of the value propositions and related messaging.
- The value proposition must convey a compelling story that communicates the scope, tangible customer value and competitive differentiation of the service area
- Lead the process of working cross functionally with Product Management, Marketing, Business Development and Sales to develop those value propositions
- Creation of internal and external product marketing materials to support the articulation and communication of the value proposition. These include and are not restricted to:
- Sales and marketing tools – comprising portfolio and service area presentations, service datasheets, reference cases and sales enablement materials (e.g. ‘Internal Sales Playbooks’), product naming architecture and conventions
- Web content – including portfolio information and the development of new materials (e.g. Blogs, White Papers and Webinars) to drive engagement
- Content support for major events e.g. NAB, IBC, CABSAT and other media industry specific events
- Supporting as required the creation of cross portfolio messaging and proposition materials
- Presenting as required internally and externally to senior/high profile audiences about Red Bee Media services and offerings
- Developing and implementing a coherent product marketing strategy that communicates a clear, consistent story that maps to market needs, industry events and Red Bee Media strengths and differentiation
- Supporting the Product Management function with new product development and business case construction – providing inputs including market segmentation, sizing, client trends and requirements
- Competitive Intelligence, including on-going tracking of competitor activity, update of nominated competitor profiles, and dissemination / update to sales as required
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
The Product Marketing Manager is expected to become a recognised leader in the portfolios. Accordingly, the successful candidate must possess a mix of the following attributes:
- Extensive experience in B2B Product Marketing (Essential)
- Experience in Media: Content Management and Distribution, Media Management, OTT and / or Linear Playout (Highly Desirable)
- Understanding of Managed Services / service-based propositions (Highly Desirable)
- Experience of working in a complex, matrix organisation in an international setting (Desirable)
- Proven ability to deliver against deadlines (Essential)
Skills (evidence based):
- Strong skills in message construction and proposition development (to address multiple audiences)
- Excellent writing and collateral / content development skills
- Outstanding collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to manage budgets and external marketing agencies
- Effective, confident presenter
- Creativity – to explore a proposition from all angles
- Tenacity and resilience – to drive a proposition and ensure sales are equipped and enabled to position the service area effectively
London location. Some travel required internationally to support major annual industry events.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || London || Consulting&SysInt; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt
Req ID: 270161