IOT DevOps Engineer
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
The role is dev-ops focused on top of Java/Python/PHP applications and includes bug fixing, basic coding and unit testing, performance improvement, automation for web systems and any related systems and technologies.
- Management and implementation of new automatic scripts and applications.
- Verify and implement configuration changes at the request of the customer or when is needed for performance reasons.
- Coordinate and work together with other teams such as: 2nd line of support, 1st level support, Testing.
- Installation, tuning and troubleshooting of complex software applications.
- Must have:
- Linux/Unix sysadmin with dev-ops/configuration management exposure
- Linux/Unix sysadmin (all flavors of Linux welcome, RedHat/CentOS preferred)
- Shell script, Java and Python script programming basics
- Java application administration and support experience
- Good understanding of SLA, Incident management and Problem management processes
- Nice to have:
- Virtualization knowledge such as VirtualBox/Vagrant VM/ VMWare, ESXi
- DevOps/Configuration management/Automation knowledge (Puppet, Ansible)
- Understanding of Jenkins or other Continuous Integration solutions
- Development Automation
- Firewalld/iptables Linux/Unix.
- Certificate/PKI infrastructure (openssl, etc.).
- Telecom architecture, rating and CDR structure.
- Knowledge of artifact management solutions (artifactory, nexus, etc.)
What we offer
- Competitive Salary Package
- Work from home & Flexible Working Hours
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning opportunities and knowledgeable colleagues
- You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
- You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
- Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
- You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || IT
Req ID: 270075