Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one.
Product&Service Introduction (P&SI) unit within BNEW Service Area Networks is looking for Radio Access Network (RAN) Integration Engineer to join its Radio Network expert team in Finland.
We are strategic organization which enables easy market introduction of new products and services, supporting Market Area (MA) globally. We work closely with the Product Development Units and Service Areas.
The Integration Engineer: integrates, configures, trouble shoots, demonstrate, gives project support, tests solutions and interacts with customer to provide technical solutions that enhance the customer's competitive position. You will also work together with Development Units for new service offerings, service assets development and new product introduction. We work with 4G/5G RAN technology, but have also End to End understanding.
You are expected to work, cooperate and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson. The role of an Integration Engineer more than often requires you to take initiative and to able to work independently. You will work both on-site and remotely, travelling will be needed both when working with Product Development Units and with customer engangements.
Being part of the Product & Services Introduction unit means you will have high technical knowledge in new areas. You share your knowledge and make a key contribution in selected customer engagements. You maintain an excellent network that helps you to perform. Responsibilities for this role include (but are not limited to):
- Deliver integration, configuration, migration and internal training
- Demonstrate technology to customers, customer events
- Introduce a new product/service
- Troubleshoot with creativity and different approaches for severe, undefined problems in networks and propose suitable resolving solutions
- Promote the re-use of global service assets to improve project lead-time
- Identify product serviceability improvements and service offering improvements as part of customer engagements
- Share knowledge with local team
- Provide training for Ericsson employees
- Responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date
Newly graduated or with 1-2 years work experience
University degree in ICT/Engineering (Bachelor or above)
Willingness to travel in order to fulfill competence, business and customer's requirements.
- Knowledge on Linux
- Knowledge on scripting and programming, including Python and Shell scripting.
- Strong cultural awareness and excellent language skills to enable communication throughout the organization
- Consultative approach
- Excellent interpersonal, social & communication skills
- High willingness and ability to share knowledge and experience
- Problem solving and performance oriented
- Entrepreneurial and result driven; makes sure set targets are met
- Excellent oral/written English. Fluency in more languages is highly valued
- Willingness to travel in order to fulfill business and customer's requirements
Apply now or at the latest 28th February, 2019.
More information from the position can be requested from recruiting manager Kenneth.Lindroos@ericsson.com
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Finland (FI) || || Jorvas, Kirkkonummi || ServEng
Req ID: 270047