Ericsson Nikola Tesla d.d. is in search of a candidate to fill a vacancy for:
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day.
To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
The incumbent would be part of ETK Network Team would be responsible to provide second-level support on incidents, problem resolutions and technical operations.
The incumbent should be expert on hardcore networking technologies such as firewalls, proxies, load balancers, VPNs, wireless, IPS, monitoring and must have a passion for it.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Investigate and resolve incidents
- Investigate and diagnose problems. Where applicable, identify short-term work-around solutions
- Act as network expert and identify enhancements in existing deployed solutions, provide input to RFCs etc.
- Support and maintain network equipment (firewalls, routers, switches...)
- Create technical documentation
- Provide technical support
- Redesign and reconfigure alarms for network, manage monitoring tools (Solarwinds, Nagios, Zabbix)
- Maintain a stable environment and optimizes the network as necessary
- Contribute to implement continuous improvements in the organization
- Technical support handling of internal and external customers
- Develop solutions and tools based on technical requirements
Skills and Experience:
- The applicant will require a background in Linux systems, Networking (both wired and wireless), Firewall, IPS technologies.
- Extreme Networks, Palo Alto, Cisco, Juniper, F5, Bluecoat, Citrix Netscaler certified applicants are preferred
- Experience in a similar role is essential, with 3+ years Firewall experience in a similar support role.
- The candidate will need to be prepared to be flexible in approach to work content and responsibilities, along with out of hours and on call support.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ideal candidate should have a good understanding of ITIL problem and change management practices, working to defined service level agreements.
- Advanced knowledge of Network Security products, Firewall, routers, switches, wireless and VPN technologies.
- Networking skills including TCP/IP, DNS and knowledge of Internet services such as proxies, email and FTP, routing (OSPF, ISIS, BGP), switching.
- Good TCP-IP knowledge, support and diagnosis skills to be able to troubleshoot problems effectively
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Good organization and communication skills. Able to cope with demanding schedules and tight deadlines. Conscientious, able to communicate well with our customers at all levels and have a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
Qualification & Experience Requirements:
- 3+ years of experience working with routers, switches, Wifi controllers, firewalls, proxies, load balancers and VPN products from leading vendors. Should have excellent hands on troubleshooting experience
- A primary degree in Engineering, IT or Telecommunications, or equivalent experience is required
- Communications and presentation skills
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Experience in Solution documentation preparation (Visio, Word)
- Organizational skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations orientation
- Strong team work and knowledge sharing orientation
Croatian citizenship or work permit for Croatia is required.
Candidates will be evaluated and contacted if they pass initial screening.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Croatia (HR) || || Zagreb || IT
Job details: ICT Architect Job Stage 05