Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
We are now looking for an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Engineer. You will be part of an IPU IT Operations global team and will assist implementation and support of System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and related servers. This role will be part of global team located across the world (Estonia, China, etc.), sharing tech and resources. The ideal candidate will exhibit a strong technical aptitude and excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a diverse, highly talented team across a multitude of technical and non-technical groups. Should be able to work comfortably both individually and as part of a team.
This position will work closely with peers in the deployment of Microsoft updates, third party patching, application and operating system deployments and servicing. Must be comfortable with most aspects of Systems Administration and have a firm understanding of the respective operating system discipline. Candidate will provide application technology and server support in a large-scale Enterprise environment. Must ensure smooth system operations, connectivity and functionality and usually achieve efficient, reliable, high performance results. Solid understanding of the functional and operational practices necessary to operate in a highly available, highly secure and highly regulated environment to meet business, security, and compliance requirements. As an ICT Engineer, you will ensure a stable environment and optimize the solutions/services to the agreed service levels in a cost efficient and timely manner.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field experience
- Minimum years of experience: Must have 5+ years of hands-on experience administering Windows Server 2016/2012 and Active Directory and Group Policy Management in an enterprise and/or manufacturing environment
- Domain experience:
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Microsoft Hyper-V
- Experience supporting an IT infrastructure that supports multiple physical locations
- Experience creating, managing, and updating server images, ISOs, clones, and templates
- In-depth Enterprise-class practical infrastructure/system engineering experience with Microsoft Infrastructure Solutions (an emphasis on SCCM design and implementation) running on servers- designing and implementing system infrastructure upgrades.
- Experience and knowledge required to manage, monitor, troubleshoot and maintain/design highly available solutions in an enterprise environment
- Experience regarding Level 2 and Level 3 resolution in a Windows Server 2016/2012 and Windows 10 environment
- Experience in Building Automation of tasks and configuration settings to speedup up the process and minimize the manual issues.
- Advanced usage of automated scripted administration through Windows PowerShell
- Experience with various systems management tools like SCVMM
- Must have deep and thorough understanding of monitoring best practices, preferably with Microsoft System Center Operation Manager (SCOM) understanding and experience
- Demonstrated experience in patching servers to ensure security
- Experience using log analysis tools to troubleshoot issues and to plan for future requirements.
- Solid understanding of certificate-based authentication and certificate management (e.g. SSL and PKI)
- Possess good working knowledge of implementing PKI, multi-factor authentication, X.509 token, single sign-on, federated identity, and certificate management solutions
- Solid knowledge of IT security threats, vulnerabilities, security technologies, controls and best practices
- Hands-on experience regarding software and hardware troubleshooting (including troubleshooting application deployment errors)
- Strong understanding of Networking, DNS, Infrastructure concepts
- Knowledge of Windows Management Instrumental
- Strong customer service skills with high level of professionalism, and ability to work with complex situations
- Experience with and willingness to follow a strict change management and incident tracking process
- IT Processes, tools and infrastructure knowledge
- Ability to work with little or no direct supervision and in a team environment
- You will build, monitor and troubleshoot Windows Servers
- You will install and tests all patches that are applied on servers
- Perform advanced server administration duties
- Troubleshoot technical issues with Hyper-V, SCCM, SCVMM infrastructure including SQL
- Create and maintain appropriate technical documentation and operational support documents associated with enterprise projects and systems for various tasks related to SCCM, SCVMM and Hyper-V
- Manage and respond to daily alerts from monitoring systems (SCOM)
- Develop and document standards related to package creation, OSD, patching, infrastructure
- Performs both routine and non-routine systems administration tasks for daily operations of the production environment
- Participate in the planning and design of an enterprise Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan
- Ensure log files and audits are maintained and reviewed for all systems, and that authentication policies (i.e., password) are audited for compliance
- Review server security controls and provide specific recommendations to mitigate risks
- Report any security violations and incidents up the chain of command.
- Create scripting solutions within PowerShell or VBScript for various administrative needs
- Devise and automate procedures for provisioning new system instances
- Maintain existing production images and build, test and deploy new images
- Create and manage driver packages to support current operating systems
- Create queries and reports to support business and audit requests
- Provides support to users (internal and external customers) in remote locations and will work on L3 issue escalations/tickets
- Build, test and distribute software package pushes to update and patch enterprise and user systems by creating Microsoft Installer (MSI) and silent executable software packages
- Performs other duties as required
- You can contribute to continuous improvements in the organization
- Proficient verbal and written skills required to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, flexible, reliable, excellent problem solving skills
- Team player; willing and able to drive collaborative efforts across the organization to improve quality, reduce expense, and increase productivity
- High attention to detail, good organizational skills, and the ability to take proactive action when needed.
- Preferred certificates: MCSA: Windows Server 2016; CompTIA Security+; CCNA-Security
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.