Operational Product Owner (OPO) Gateway Policy & Charging
Who we are
For us at Ericsson it is important that we can bring the networked society to everyone, from metropolitans like New York to the country sides of India. For us, it is important to create possibilities for school children in isolated areas of Bhutan to use remote learning and to be able to enable remote health care for patients in rural Africa. Moving into 5G, providing latencies of a few milliseconds, we will make remotely controlled surgeries possible, and with peak rates of several gigabits per seconds, we will enable even the most remote areas to gain broadband speeds. We feel a pride in making the world a better place, simplifying and enhancing the lives for billions.
At Lindholmen, in Gothenburg, we are the core of Ericsson Packet Core development with very passionate developers on the mission to create the world’s best Packet Core products. We work in autonomous cross-functional teams with support from Product Owners (PO) and System Management.
- We believe in trust – we trust each other to do the right things. Therefore, we believe in taking decisions as close to the product and technical expertise as possible.
- We believe in trying new things and learning from our mistakes. Personal development propels our company growth and collective knowledge. We believe in sharing our insights and helping each other to create an even better user plane.
- We truly believe in happiness, we enjoy and feel passionate about what we do and value each other’s technical competence deeply.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative, intelligent, and fun Operational Product Owner (OPO) that is interested in the technical evolution of the product and can take initiative and drives the Charging & Policy competence area forward. Deep technical skills are not required but are an advantage especially in data networking and IP, what’s more important is the ability to identify customer needs and value clarity before comfort.
In return, we offer you a fun and challenging environment where you can grow and help to inspire your colleagues and the organization to further growth.
- You have the ability to craft clear visions of what you wish to build, and can convey and communicate that vision to others
- You have the ability to say no when required
- You have the ability to gain solid understanding of users, the market place, the competition and future trends, in order to make sound decisions
- You have a passion for your product and for what you do and think in long- and sustainable-terms
- You identify bottlenecks in development and remove them so you and the team can focus on the fun value adding tasks instead
- You set a pride in understanding the whole product and its environment
- You have the determination to do whatever is necessary to build the best possible product
- You are prepared to travel when needed
- For you, it’s more than a job
Main responsibilities are:
Our teams are cross-functional, self-organizing and highly autonomous. The teams will design, implement and test the feature, product and system from requirements to production and commercial deployment.
As an OPO (Operational Product Owner) your main responsibilities will be to:
- Explain “What” & “Why” to the team
- Lead break-down of features into user stories
- Maintain and prioritize the work within the area and the team backlog
- Balance new features, maintenance and improvements as product life cycle responsible
- Secure product quality and maintainability
- Build, maintain and communicate business understanding
- Accept or reject the team’s work result
- Represent your area in PDG planning and highlight risks in development
In order to succeed, you need to have the following qualifications and skills:
- MSc/BSc level in Computer Science or equivalent level of education
- Telecom and 3GPP knowledge
- Knowledge in Software development and test
- Lean and Agile knowledge
- Customer & Business Understanding
- Product Life Cycle Management knowledge
- Requirement Management knowledge
- Relating & Networking skills
- Skill to Adapt & Respond to Change
- Knowledge Sharing skills
- Communication and Presentation skills
- Fluent in English, written and oral
And it is great if you have these additional skills and experiences:
- Knowledge about the EPG product
- Knowledge in the VRE/SSR platform
- Knowledge about virtual solutions, cloud infrastructure, VMs, containers
- Customer interaction experience
Do you recognize yourself and want to join a great team? Please send us your application and come meet us! Any questions about this postion, please contact recruiter Frida Kinsch at email@example.com
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || R&D
Req ID: 269767