Site Manager, IoT Development Unit
The role of Site Manager is for a Product and Service Development unit, primarily focusing on the Device and Data Management portfolio. Your unit consists of a large group of software developers, located at the Chennai site in India.
You will work closely with other managers leading units such as your own. Together with our other sites in Europe, India and China you will drive the development of the product and related services, building competence to enable such delivery with constant improvement, as well as liaison with leading local universities to ensure continuous access to young talent and innovation. You shall also build relationships with the local Market area units and engage with Customers using product and services, in a supporting role.
You will report to the Head of Development Unit, a role based in Sweden.
We believe in trust – we trust each other to do the right things. Therefore, we believe in taking decisions as close to the product and technical expertise as possible.
We believe in trying new things and learning from our mistakes. Personal development propels our company growth and collective knowledge. We believe in sharing our insights and helping each other to create product and services.
- Ensure operations and deliver features as per product and service roadmap.
- Ensure financial viability for the site.
- Collaborate with your peers at other sites globally
- Secure that the unit has the needed capability, capacity, and technology leadership to contribute to business.
- Continuously strive to improve TTM
- Provide teams flexibility and autonomy to pursue disruptive and innovative ideas.
- Honor relevant OLA and WLAs
- Drive cost efficiency and operational excellence
Competence and Talent
- Encourage innovation through right platforms and foster a culture of learning, creativity, collaboration and trust.
- Nurture people’s personal and professional growth within your unit
- Spot and groom talent and future leaders for the organization
- Recruit, staff, and build competence
- Sponsor PoC, studies & innovation, thesis and internships at leading local universities
- Encourage collaboration between your teams and other teams within the entire global IoT development and user community
- Enable business by developing the right product and service capability in the portfolio.
- Provide Technology leadership to Product Management, System Management and Market area units to win business
- Help build GTM
Your Key Qualifications:
- You have a talent for software development and computer systems. Your love to discuss software development and are comfortable about sharing this knowledge
- You can drive strategic technical leadership within a cloud execution environment
- You have focus and ambition to understand customer needs on developed features
- You take pride in understanding the whole product and its environment
- You are continuously developing your knowledge through experience, as well as reading and experimentation
- Software is more than just a job for you.
- You can mingle, interact, groom, and lead a team of developers with wide-ranging age distribution.
- You are a good listener.
- You are outcome driven, rather than output.
- You encourage learning from mistakes.
- And you have a graduate degree with experience in/exposure to:
- Test Driven Software development
- Cloud implementation on Azure/AWS
- Product Life Cycle Management
- Modern productivity and communication tools
- Both Telco and IT industries, capability to connect the dots between both
- Oral and presentation skills, in English language.