Technical Product Manager
Job Title: Technical Product Manager
Red Bee Media:
Red Bee Media is the world’s leading Managed Service provider to the media industry. Working with the best media brands in the world, we enrich and ensure media experiences.
Every day, people on all continents watch television programs prepared, managed and broadcast by Red Bee Media staff. Every year, the business delivers more than 2.7 million hours of programming in more than 60 languages for nearly 600 TV channels. Its content discovery portfolio spans more than 10 million movies and program titles, covering over 25 languages, and includes an image database covering over 90 percent of all programming available across traditional TV, video on demand (VOD) and subscription video on demand (SVOD). It provides over 230,000 hours of captioning each year – more than 100,000 hours of which is live
Red Bee Media's Content Discovery team ensures that consumers enjoy rich content presented in a way that is engaging and easy to understand across Europe and America. Using state of the art technology to empower a team of over 300 editorial experts, we maintain metadata for more than 14,000 linear and on-demand sources globally. We deliver our services to many of the biggest actors in the broadcast and media industry and we are continually looking to grow and expand our business into new markets.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with some of the biggest names in the industry, delivering the data that drives the future of their user experiences.
The Technical Product Manager has ownership of the functional requirements of the platforms that serve in Content Discovery and works closely with the architecture and tech delivery teams to have them realised.
The role of Product Management is to define the roadmap for product release and the platform support. Ensuring a clear vision of how to achieve these internally and their relevance externally.
This job reports to: Head of Product and Architecture – Content Discovery
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Act as product owner / stakeholder for technical products in Content Discovery
· Work closely with customers to understand their needs and wants, mapping these into feature requirements for tech delivery to build
· Work closely with strategic product managers for Content Discovery to understand the commercial objectives for CD services
· Work closely with our Operations and Editorial teams to understand their requirements and create features that best serve their needs
· Work closely with architecture to validate requirements from a functional perspective and provide clear guidance on what the new CD platforms should do and the associated timescales for implementation
· Create and provide detailed requirements to architecture / tech delivery so that they can be translated into development streams and user stories
· Work with the SPMs to develop business cases for new platform features and present these at Product Councils to secure funding
· Work with sales and pre-sales to provide supporting material and training on product capabilities and customer benefits
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a product management role, ideally within the broadcast industry
- A solid technical background working inside or closely with development teams
- Good understanding of current technology and trends
- Experience of product management methodologies and working practices
- Experience building and maintaining product roadmaps including feature level requirements definition that can be handed off to development organisations for realisation
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in product architecture and strong background in state of the art content discovery technologies (e.g. recommendation engines, search, metadata)
- Experience of customer, market and competitor analysis to ensure features are correctly targeted and prioritised
- Experience of developing business cases to support new feature development and justifying them to key stakeholders to secure backing and funding
The role can be based across Europe
Some travel to customers’ sites or other Red Bee Media offices may be required (worldwide)
Come join the experts in our field. We are Professional, Innovative and Passionate; are you?
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || London || ProdMgt
Req ID: 269562