Integration Engineer Trainee - Telecom Core & Cloud
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one.
Are you eager to deliver world-class telecommunication networks? We are now offering an opportunity to join us as Integration Engineer Trainee. Our team has the responsibility of Telecom Core and Cloud product pre-sales and delivery in Finland and Baltics. Our delivery project activities are, for instance, to integrate new products into customer network, upgrade existing nodes, expand existing nodes, configure existing nodes, and solve customer problems. Your day-to-day activities could include analysis, preparation, configuration, verification, troubleshooting and customer communication.
You can be based in our team either in Kirkkonummi, Finland, or Tallinn, Estonia.
- Understand customer needs and prepare technical solutions
- Plan and execute product integration, configuration, upgrades, and expansions
- Prepare and execute system and acceptance tests
- Script to automate activities
- Support pre-sales activities
- Identify and drive improvements
- Keep both customer and internal stakeholders up-to-date of the progress
Characteristics of Ideal Candidate:
- Ongoing or nearly graduating M.Sc. / B.Sc. studies in a relevant field
- Passionate about technology and about delivering outstanding results to customer
- Customer focus and desire to understand business
- Quick learner
- Knowledge of telecommunication networks, especially the core network products and 5G
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, cloud computing environments, virtualization, SDN, NFV, and containers
- Hands-on experience on telecom core network nodes and cloud solutions
- Linux experience
- Scripting skills
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience on test automation, test tools, and test management seen as advantage
- Experience on software development and deployment seen as advantage
- Preferably experience on agile methods and DevOps, as well as project work
- Team player with good communication skills
- Experience on customer-facing roles seen as advantage
- High self-leadership skills
As an intern you may not possess all the listed capabilities, we expect some skills and passion in the field, and an open mind to learn.
Apply now or latest by 18th of February!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Finland (FI) || || Jorvas, Kirkkonummi || IT
Req ID: 269541