R&D Radio Hardware Project Manager
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one, and 5G will be the innovation engine for growth in the Networked Society.
5G is the foundation for realizing the full potential of the Networked Society. The new capabilities of 5G span several dimensions, including tremendous flexibility, lower energy requirements, greater capacity, bandwidth, security, reliability and data rates, as well as lower latency and device costs. 5G will enable organizations to move into new markets and build new revenue streams with radically new business models and use cases, including Internet of Things (IoT) applications.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision & core values. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
As Radio Hardware Project Manager, you will be part of a product development unit responsible to deliver Ericsson multi-standard radio products, which includes both Hardware and Software development, by using a common global framework for product development and established processes for project management. You will be responsible for one or several projects, programs or assignments of different levels of complexity. You will ensure timely and on budget delivery that meets customer commitments. Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Driving technology and product leadership
- Driving flow optimization
- Driving innovation and improvements
- Driving knowledge sharing and learning
- Defining project goals, objectives and priorities.
- Setting up project organization and securing resources.
- Planning, monitoring and controlling Project Performance.
- Reporting on overall progress including schedule and cost in effective ways.
- Actively managing execution of project, to ensure that goals are met and requirements are fulfilled to the correct quality standard.
- Managing new or changed requirements, and any other types of churn.
- Actively managing risks and dependencies.
- Securing and maintaining adequate communication within project team, as well as outside projects.
- Leading effective project team.
- Driving Operational Excellence in project management.
- Following Ericsson project management guidelines and processes.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in HW product development.
- Sound technical planning and organizational skills.
- Team player with outstanding skills in cooperation amongst key stakeholders.
- High structural ability to create and drive teams on different levels.
- Willingness to travel (up to 10% of your time).
- Self-motivated, with drive to solve problems and expand knowledge.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience with hardware and/or software development.
- Excellent communicator, decisive, results-driven, people-oriented person with good networking skills and with ability to motivate employees in the organization.
- Strong ability to see whole picture and focus on important details in pragmatic and result oriented way.
- Experience with Lean Product Development.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and strategies.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English.
- Engineering Master/Bachelor degree or similar.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || ProdMgt