BDGS Bid Office Solution Engagement Lead
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Solution Engagement Lead is Senior Techno-Business Role in Bid Office, with focus on creating optimised techno-commercial solutions for responding to customer RFPs leading to winning deals. This role is dedicated to a Customer Unit or group of Customer Units within a Market Area, which enables building customer knowledge and relationships over longer team leading to efficiency in proposal creation.
- Education: University degree in Engineering/ICT. Higher university such as an MBA considered a merit.
- Experience: 14-20 years of relevant experience, with at least last 4-5 years in pre-sales.
- Deep experience and skills in multiple technical domains in BDGS (Packet Core/ Cloud NFVI/ Communication Services / OSS / BSS)
- Experience of working as a lead or overall Solution Architect in a complex customer solution in pre-sales or delivery phase.
- Creative in terms of ability to see and make things in a new or different way, capability of developing inspiration, innovation or insight.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interface with all levels of the organization and establish effective relationship within Ericsson.
- Strong leadership capability to be able to lead virtual teams, empower the team, lead towards maximum possible optimasation in the proposal and command respect from the team.
- The candidate must have excellent communication skills, written and verbal both.
- Interfaces with Customer Solution Responsible / Technical Lead / Domain Sales Manager and Price Manager community in respective Market Area
- Lead virtual teams to handle all the Bids Covering components from 3 or more BDGS Solution Area for respective Market Area. It will require breaking complex solutions into smaller segments, assign it to respective domain experts and stitch all the segments together to deliver a comprehensive solution
- Agreement on yearly forecasts with Market Area
- Securing funnel information from Customer Units and working with teams in Bid Office to ensure readiness to handle the opportunities.
- Acts as 1st Level escalation for all Bids towards Market Area
- Iindustrialization of cross-SA techno commercial assets and knowledge sharing across the Sales community
- Quality Assurance for all proposals to that particular Market Area
- Provides continuity and build knowledge around customer and regional uniqueness and cater to that during proposals
- Pro-actively engage Digital Service Customer Unit teams in Market Areas to make sure they are aware of the competencies in Bid Office & take feedback from them on improvement areas.
- Develop techno-commercial understanding for Ericsson products and Services.
- Contribute to End-End Optimisation of bids.
- Maintain knowledge of key competitor’s portfolio.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.