Senior Software Design Engineer
- PDG Infra Beijing is responsible for delivering IP Operation System Platforms and Ericsson Routing system as a common component to various stakeholders.
- Responsible for development of Ericsson IP Software
- Participate in requirement definition together with people from System team
- Be able to drive technical solutions, e.g. Implementation proposal, Design specification, Test Specification, and etc.
- Be able to drive feature end2end high quality delivery through joint teamwork with S&T, I&V and other related stakeholders
- Responsible for coding, unit test, basic integration test of SW functions
- Integrate software with third part software modules
- Review software requirements, solution, source code & technical documents
- Solve product technical issues and customer issues
- Communicate with stakeholders from global teams
- M.Sc. or B.Sc in Computer Science or telecommunication engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years development experience in IP domain
- Strong C and C++ programming skills
- Strong knowledge and development experience on Cloud, OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, and etc.
- Strong development experience on L2 and L3 protocols in IP SW
- Very good knowledge of Router/Switch architecture
- Very good understanding of new technology in IP domain
- Very good Agile software development mindset
- Be eager to take challenges with passion
- Effective technical communication and presentation skills in English
- Be able to drive technical issues and obstacles independently
- Must be self-motivated, good team player; be able to work cohesively within the team and across global teams to accomplish results
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is
empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world,
enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve
businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The
transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and build a
more sustainable future.
With about 101,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with
technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion
subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100
billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and
our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into
achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change‐maker? Learn
what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0
billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the
NASDAQ in New York.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || || Beijing || R&D
Req ID: 269354