Data Scientist - Product Development
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
As a Data Scientist, you will need to have strong programming skills and deep understanding of data science and Machine Learning tools. Have proven experience in Data Science methodologies and how to apply them to solve challenging real-world problems as part of a highly dynamic and global team. You have strong communication, collaboration and planning skills. You will be working on high impact initiatives with other specialists in Machine Intelligence to drive growth and economic profitability for Ericsson and its customers by accelerating current Ericsson offerings as well create new offerings in the areas of MI driven 4G and 5G network, distributed cloud, IoT and other emerging businesses.
- Education: Bachelors in Engineering (B.E/ B.Tech in IT, Telecom)
- 4-8 years of experience required
- Strong skills in Machine Learning especially techniques such as Linear/Logistic Regression, Bagging, Bayesian model, Neural Networks, Random forest, Gradient boosting, Hyperparameter optimization techniques etc.
- Proven skills and track record (Github, open source etc.) in the use of current state of the art machine learning frameworks such as Keras, TensorFlow, Scikit-Learn, H2o, Spark etc. in developing ML/AI applications
- Experience of data wrangling and data munging, using Big Data technologies
- Strong analytical skills and ability to acquire new knowledge and apply it in the job
- Programming skills in various languages (C++, Scala, Java, R) with proficiency in Python and/or C++
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English
- Creativity and ability to formulate problems and solve them independently
- Ability to develop and drive new ways of working, to produce deliverables in a more efficient way
- Conduct functional and technical analysis within Ericsson organization and strategic customers to understand MI-driven business needs and opportunities
- Contribute to rapid and iterative development of high quality ML/AI applications. This includes working with petabytes of 4G/5G-networks, IoT and exogenous data, and proposing/selecting/testing predictive models, recommendation engines, anomaly detection systems, statistical model, deep learning, reinforcement learning and other machine learning systems
- Conduct studies and find creative usage of new and/or existing data sources. Work with Data Architects to leverage existing data models and build new ones, as needed.
- Collaborate with product development teams and partners in Ericsson Businesses to industrialize machine learning models and solutions as part of Ericsson offerings including providing source code, workflows and documents
- Work with new technologies and champion them in MI Communities within Ericsson.
- Assist MI Competence build-up in Ericsson Businesses and Customer Serving Units
- Help to develop new and apply/extend existing, concepts, methodologies, techniques for cross functional initiatives
- Engage with external ecosystem (academia, technology leaders, open source etc.) to develop the skills and technology portfolio for MI’s needs
- Experience with data visualization and dashboard creation
- Certifying MI MOOCS, a plus
- Applications/Domain-knowledge in Telecommunication and/or IoT, a plus.
- Ability to build and nurture internal and external communities
- Experience in writing and presenting white papers, journal articles and technical blogs on the results
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, i.e., working with complex multiple stakeholder business units, global customers, technology and other ecosystem partners in a multi-culture, global matrix organization with sensitivity and persistence
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.