Product and Test Engineering Manager
Product and Test Engineering Manager
As a part of establishing an Ericsson Production Site in the US we are now looking for a Product & Test Engineering Manager to build up and lead the Product & Test Engineering Department. Key aspects of the role are to secure the production test systems are functioning properly and to ensure the test equipment is properly maintained. Other key aspects of the role is to ensure high product performance and quality, support the repair, troubleshooting and claims activities, support volume production as well as New Product Introduction (NPI) and inbound/outbound transfer of production. Building up the organization along with development of the personnel are also important focus areas.
- Secure product performance through in-depth product and test yield analysis
- Swiftly address production yield and other quality related issues.
- Support repair and troubleshooting personnel with product engineering competence.
- Secure smooth running and efficient test systems.
- Continuously improve and develop the Test process to support both existing and future production.
- Support the production personnel with Product & Test engineering competence.
- Participate in NPI projects and drive successful introduction of new products and production test concepts from design phase to volume production.
- Support the global supply organization in outbound/inbound production transfers.
- Establish a strong network across various Ericsson organizations such a Supply, R&D, Sourcing, Finance and other Ericsson production sites to drive E2E cross functional improvements of the business.
- Build up the Product & Test Engineering department from scratch
- Recruit, lead and develop the personnel in the department
- Drive systematic improvements through analysis of KPIs and other performance data.
- Education: Academic engineering degree or the equivalent experience in production support from relevant industries
- Min 5 years of relevant experience
- Test technology & manufacturing processes knowledge
- Good knowledge in test technology and maintenance
- Managerial skills
- Proven leadership behavior
- Interest and desire to lead people
- Experience from building up organizations is a plus
- Knowledge of Ericsson, its products and processes
Initially this position requires extensive overseas traveling
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || Supply&Log
Req ID: 269320