Embedded Power at Lindholmen is responsible for Power product development towards the majority of the Ericsson Product Portfolio. We are a part of Ericsson’s global design organization and engaged in developing products for the present and future mobile networks. At our site we are four sections forming a competence center with responsibility to provide power solutions to the Ericsson organization. Embedded Power are developing products for the internal stakeholders; Radio, Enclosure & Power, Microwave, Baseband and Core, using external suppliers for design and manufacturing (Black Box development).
Embedded Power is now looking for a Power Product Developer with an interest in power units and systems. Your main task is to act as the technical responsible for the development of a power product, together with external suppliers. You are also responsible for specifying and systemizing the product to fulfill the stakeholders request on cost, time and technology. You will work in close cooperation with our global power system suppliers who will perform the design and manufacturing of the products. You will interact with several technical disciplines across Ericsson, such as Product Management, System, Mechanical, Thermal and Interconnect design. Co-operation with and communicating with external supplier’s development and manufacturing sites all over the world will be done on a daily basis. Our competence center is based on team work with experienced and dedicated individuals. We believe that our employees are the key to our success. Primary location for this position is at Lindholmen, Gothenburg, Sweden
Responsibilities and Tasks
The job is in the area of product development and includes:
- Specifying and systemizing power units and systems
- Requirement handling
- Collaborate, lead and direct the designing suppliers
- Technical responsible for the power product developed
- Perform Pre-Development to investigate new technologies and products for business opportunities
- Perform design verification to verify the ability and the systemization of the power product
- Constantly work with improvements and continuous learning
- Contribute to the team spirit and honor our culture and values
You have a business driven approach towards product development, a strong drive for results and customer focus. Most of all you have an inquisitive and open mind, and a thirst for knowledge.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- BSc or MSc degree or equal through work experience
- An eager interest in product development generally and in power products specifically
- Fluent in English, written and oral
- Good communications skills and ability to lead others
- Able to set the development task in a business context and take business driven decisions
- Works in an efficient and structured way, in an often complex environment
- You take initiative and are willing to adopt new methods and techniques
- Leading and driving yourself to be fully accountable for your tasks
- A team player who supports, coach and collaborates extensively with your colleagues.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Experience from collaboration and leading suppliers
- Experience from Project Management
- Experience from Power Design
- Experience from Product Development
- Experience form adjacent fields such as SW/FW, Mechanical-, Thermal- or Interconnect-design
- Experience from verification of electronic products
- Experience from adopting Agile and Lean principles
- Experience with CM/PRIM/GASK, MHWeb etc.
The position is based in Göteborg at Lindholmen and the selection and interview process is ongoing. Therefore, send in your application as soon as possible. If any question, please contact recruiting manager: Martin Olsson, firstname.lastname@example.org or recruiter Frida Kinsch, email@example.com
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With close to 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || IT
Req ID: 269070