Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Ericsson has a history and tradition of leading the world in Telecom technologies and services. Now, with Ericsson Cloud you have the chance to join us as a GE Support Engineer who helps individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into the Cloud.
- Education: Bachelors in Engineering (B.E/ B.Tech in IT, Telecom)
- Minimum of 4-8 years’ experience running services on Linux/Unix, Technical Support, CSR Handling, Emergency HandlingExcellent troubleshooting skills at all levels, from application to network to host
- Excellent troubleshooting skills at all levels, from application to network to host
- Experience in Prepaid Charging (Preferable Ericsson Charging Experiences, OCC, ECMS, nGVS, EMM and better have CMM Solution understanding)
- Experience in Database Administration (Cassandra, Hadoop, Timesten , Oracle)
- Experience in Programming / scripting (Java, Perl, Shell, Python etc.)
- Understanding of Virtualization Technologies ( VMware, Red Hat Open Stack)
- Understanding of Protocols like Diameter, Camel ,SCAP, Gx, Gy etc.
- Expertise in Redhat Linux administration and troubleshooting, better to have Redhat 7 RHCSA and RHSE Certification
- Relevant work experience in Enterprise Systems administration (UNIX/Linux)
- Strong knowledge of scripting
- Strong written and spoken English language skills
- A very strong customer focus
- Ability to juggle many tasks and projects in a fast-moving environment
- Be a self-starter who is excited about technology.
- Good time management and multi-tasking capabilities
- Strong team player who is also comfortable working on own initiative
- Flexibility with working hours
- Familiarity with general business terms and processes
- Innovative & creative approach to problem solving coupled with advanced diagnostic & technical analysis skills
- Use knowledge-centered support methodologies to troubleshoot complex customer problems, and provide the best available solution or workaround within the agreed service levels
- Liaise with development support to ensure timely correction of code errors / bugs identified
- Provide Mission Critical Support on weekend and evening shift as scheduled
- Proactively drive next generation support for our customers (e.g. Expert Chat, Product Expert on Demand Sessions, Customer Webinars etc.)
- Identify gaps and develop supportability tools to ensure Product Support continues to deliver best in class service and support models for our customers
- Work collaboratively with colleagues from Product Support and other lines of business to ensure our customers receive the best possible service
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.