Senior Software Developer (Python)
Senior Software Developer (Python)
What does your future look like?
We are on the brink of the Networked Society - a technology revolution that will change the world for good through instant global connections and expanded freedom and opportunity.
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Headquartered in Stockholm – Sweden, Ericsson is a publically listed company with more than 95,000 employees globally.
More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications (ICT).
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Come and discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
We are now looking for a Software Developer that will design and deliver internal automation solutions for Network Operations projects. The tools developed will help cut manual work in our current processes so that we can deliver Wireless projects faster and more cost effectively. As a Software Developer, you will be involved in all phases of the software development lifecycle; working towards properly engineered information systems, containing software as the major component, to meet agreed business requirements. You are responsible for ensuring that the delivered software components provide the necessary functionality and perform in accordance to the overall requirements as well as to the internal customer’s expectations.
- Solution design
- You will work on the development and integration of the solution
- Solution handover including training and documentation
- Solution support
- Education: Academic degree, minimum on bachelor level, in engineering (IT, Software, Computer Science or similar) or equivalent experience
- Language competencies: Python is essential.
- Android app development experience required.
- Entrepreneurial & commercial thinking
- Delivering results & meeting internal customer expectations
- You should have an analytical mind, be able to follow processes and work independently with minimal assistance
- Relevant experience in technical trouble shooting, coding and updating existing code
- Knowledge and experience about architectural design
- Experience in standardization work and good quality documentation of code
- Proactive approach to Knowledge Sharing and collaboration
- Ability to pick up new programming languages quickly.
- Knowledge of other languages such as VBA, Java, C/C++ are beneficial but not critical.
- Basic knowledge of Radio Access Networks is favourable but not critical.
- Adequate experience of IP technologies
Travel will be rarely required in this role, but if needed, you may need to travel interstate for short stints (eg a week).
Ericsson offers a truly global company, with a diverse, performance-driven culture, an innovative and engaging environment and opportunities to work across borders. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles – sharing a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients.
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-1st” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
We invite you to join our team as we work together to solve the world’s biggest challenges.
This position is located in Sydney.
Follow us social media –
We will not be providing a work permit/visa for this position
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities.
Please Note: We are only interested in applications from individuals and are not interested in any speculative calls or submissions from Recruitment Agencies.
Primary country and city: Australia (AU) || || Sydney || IT