We are now looking for a Solution Architect, who will be responsible for analyzing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solutions for the customers. In this role, you will also be accountable for providing profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions and proposals.
- You will be assigned to work on a Smart metering programme as a senior Application Development & Maintenance (ADM) Technical Lead/SA. You will be required to work closely with the Ericsson Soln Architect & development team to define, estimate and deliver technical solutions that enhance the customer’s Smart Metering solution. You will work closely with customer technical staff to refine detailed requirements and provide SME advice and information.
- You will provide technical leadership to the Ericsson SM2M ADM team on IT and development projects as well as contributing hands-on to the development across the project life cycle. You will be expected to develop a thorough understanding of the code base and to develop the knowledge to provide effective recommendations for functional and non-functional improvements. This will include keeping up-to-date with current relevant industry developments.
- You will need to provide estimates to support the planning of changes to the systems and where necessary proof of concepts. You will need to act as first point of contact for resolving technical issues with the dev team and will need on occasion to mentor/direct more junior developers. You will need to be aware therefore of other streams of work, not just your direct tasks. You will need to contribute to the strategic direction working with the CSR and senior development staff and provide technical consultancy/recommendations on the future direction of the platform components.
- You will need a willingness to develop understanding of complex codebase and data implementations and to exercise efficient technical judgement to direct technical approach.
- Scope, define and design solution offerings; driving end-to-end technical solutions
- Analyze customer technology, define business requirements and participate in risk analysis
- Work with core team on list of potential activities and solutions
- Develop technical presentations and proposals, and perform customer presentations
- Work collaboratively with Ericsson CSR, Customers, Project Managers, Development team, Testing & Operational functions to ensure that proposed solutions are technically viable, and appropriately costed.
- Review and enhance requirements, user stories and use cases. Design and implement software solutions covering everything from defect fixes to major modules that integrate with other solution components or external systems and ensure designs/solutions adhere to quality standards and methods.
- Ensure that technical dependencies are identified and tracked throughout the project lifecycle. Ensure that compliancy to design is tracked through the project lifecycle through to deployment.
- Take ownership/accountability for problem diagnosis reported in any of the test/production environments and in the recommendation of solutions.
- Ensure that proposed technical changes are assessed appropriately for the impact and cost to IT systems.
- Ensure that the end-to-end design artefacts HLDs as well as LLDs, user stories and epics are maintained and kept up to date.
- Ensure that non-functional requirements for projects are defined clearly and consistently.
- 5+ years’ experience working in software integration, design and development in an ADM technical lead position
- 10+ years’ experience working in software development environment with strong;
- Java, Web UI, Java script, XML, Linux, SQL, Oracle database and/or no-SQL
- 10+ years’ experience of technically leading complex development and integration projects throughout the complete IT lifecycle (Analysis => Production)
- 5+ years’ experience with UML and knowledge of one or more design methodologies including Agile and EIP.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing data based solutions
- Knowledge and experience of working in a CI environment with associated tools
- Knowledge and experience of configuration management tools and techniques
- Microsoft tools; word, excel, powerpoint, visio
Desirable Technical Competencies:
- Experience working within a large scale Mobile Telecom/IT environment and the role of core elements.
- Strong understanding of IP & Security networking; load-balancers, firewalls, etc
- Experience of working on HA and DR solutions. Able to demonstrate factors that need to be considered with concrete examples
- Strong problem diagnostic capabilities.
- Strong understanding of testing objectives, techniques and tools
- Communication: Very strong verbal and written skills providing effective communication and able to build strong professional relationships with both business and technical colleagues.
- Teamwork: Ability to work in a team and individual environment
- Leadership: Ability to lead multi-disciplinary technical teams
- Organisation: Excellent time management and organizational skills. Self-motivated.
- Innovation: Innovative, flexible and dynamic, with a strong business and customer focused approach. Show initiative to lead improvements and drive a better working environment.
- Commitment: Dedicated to meeting the goals and objectives of ETL. Demonstrate all the core values and behaviors promoted by ETL.
- Education: Educated to degree level or holds a professional qualification
- Minimum years of experience: 10+
- Domain experience: area of expertise – IoT, Smart Metering, Agile/DevOps
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Reading || R&D
Req ID: 268955