Senior Data Scientist - Machine Intelligence
Get Ready – to shape the future with creation of new innovations as a Data Scientist within Ericsson!
Ericsson is the world’s leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology.
Using innovation to empower people, business and society, Ericsson is working towards the Networked Society: a world connected in real time that will open up opportunities to create freedom, transform society and drive solutions to some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment. As an Ericsson employee, you will have freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. Continuous learning and growth opportunities allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals. We invite you to join our team.
Machine Intelligence at Ericsson:
In the fifth-generation mobile networks 5G, AI technologies are an integral part of making the networks meet the new challenges and deliver performance that far exceeds networks of today. 5G networks with distributed edge compute, will drive economic and social transformation for all aspects of society. Machine Learning (ML) and other Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies will be vital for us to handle this opportunity.
Already today, in order to create value from data in real time, we use several methods including reinforcement learning, deep learning, semantic reasoning and more conventional learning techniques. By using these technologies, we are able to maximize the output for each function in our highly distributed and decentralized networks making them more resilient, adaptive and optimized than has ever been possible before. Machine Learning and other AI technologies also allows us to fuel new innovation we can’t imagine today.
Ericsson is now looking for Data Scientists to significantly expand in this area.
- Do you have in depth understanding of ML and AI technologies?
- Do you want to apply and extend those skills to solve real world, complex problems with high societal impact; going beyond ML/AI for consumption and advertising?
Then, you do want to join Ericsson as a Data Scientist to pushing the technology frontiers to automate, simplify and add new value through large and complex data.
You are a data scientist who gets inspired by large datasets, solving complex problems in a cross functional team of data scientists and subject matter experts. You like pushing the latest technology boundaries in the data science field. You have a few years’ experience of applying machine learning in practice. In this role you will be applying machine learning in the telecommunications network domain. We are constantly looking for new ways to improve and automate current and future generations of radio systems, managed services, IoT and support no solutions.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will need to have strong programming skills and deep understanding of data science and Machine Learning tools. Have proven experience in Data Science methodologies and how to apply them to solve challenging real-world problems as part of a highly dynamic and global team. You have strong communication, collaboration and planning skills. You will be working on high impact initiatives with other specialists in Machine Intelligence to drive growth and economic profitability for Ericsson and its customers by accelerating current Ericsson offerings as well create new offerings in the areas of MI driven 4G and 5G network, distributed cloud, IoT and other emerging businesses.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Conduct functional and technical analysis within Ericsson organization and strategic customers to understand MI-driven business needs and opportunities
- Contribute to rapid and iterative development of high quality ML/AI applications. This includes working with petabytes of 4G/5G-networks, IoT and exogenous data, and proposing/selecting/testing predictive models, recommendation engines, anomaly detection systems, statistical model, deep learning, reinforcement learning and other machine learning systems
- Conduct studies and find creative usage of new and/or existing data sources. Work with Data Architects to leverage existing data models and build new ones, as needed.
- Collaborate with product development teams and partners in Ericsson Businesses to industrialize machine learning models and solutions as part of Ericsson offerings including providing source code, workflows and documents
- Work with new technologies and champion them in MI Communities within Ericsson.
- Assist MI Competence build-up in Ericsson Businesses and Customer Serving Units
- Help to develop new and apply/extend existing, concepts, methodologies, techniques for cross functional initiatives
- Engage with external ecosystem (academia, technology leaders, open source etc.) to develop the skills and technology portfolio for MI’s needs
- Strong skills in Machine Learning and statistics
- Programming skills in various languages (Python, C++, Scala, Java, R)
- Strong Software development skills: Data and machine learning pipelines/flows, micro services/cloud, Git, Linux, CI and unit testing
- Strong skills in Data Analytics/Machine Learning frameworks and applications: Spark, TensorFlow, Scikit-Learn, Hadoop, Tableau, etc.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to acquire new knowledge and apply it in the job
- Good communication skills: Data visualization, presentations, written text
- Fluent language skills in written and spoken English
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- MSc, or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics or related field
- Minimum 5 years of real world or research experience in data science
What are you looking for?
This is a great opportunity to be involved and shape the future in the Machine Intelligence area for our mobile network technology and to build knowledge at the leading edge of the our connected IoT society. The unit has cutting edge competence and has close research cooperation with universities.
A career at Ericsson encourages you to aim high. You get to do your best, in a collaborative and constructive environment. We want you to think big, so we give you the freedom and support you need to turn your ideas into achievements. You will keep on learning throughout your career – we know that continuous learning is vital for retaining our position as a global leader in technology and services.
Ericsson is based in 180 countries, with around 100 000 employees, and your future career path is just about to take the next step…
This position is based in Göteborg in modern facilities at Lindholmen Science Park in close vicinty to the Swedish AI Innovation Center.
Please submit your application in English as soon as possible - we are working continuously with candidate selection. For specific questions please reach out to the responsible recruiter: Sara at email@example.com.
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || IT; R&D
Req ID: 268883