Head of PDG SDN and Cloud Networking
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. Our employees live our vision & core values. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Product Development Unit (PDU) Cloud is responsible for the development of the Cloud & NFV Infrastructure portfolio of products and solutions within Ericsson. The Product Development Group (PDG) SDN within PDU Cloud is the group that handles the networking related aspects of Ericsson’s NFVI stack.
Job Description Head of Product Development Group SDN
We are looking for an experienced leader to head the PDG SDN & Cloud Networking unit within PDU Cloud. Among other tasks, you will be responsible for:
- Line and operational responsibilities for PDG SDN & Cloud Networking including budget, forecast, recruitment and resourcing.
- Lead a seasoned team responsible for analysis, design, development, release and maintenance of high quality software, with primary focus on SDN and data center networking.
- Lead (design & release ownership) all SDN releases and their integration in the NFVI stack.
- Enhance lean & agile way of working with continuous improvement and learning.
- Create a competence driven organization with highly empowered and customer focused teams.
- Manage 3rd party/vendor relationship & commitments for SW delivery.
- Collaborate and co-create with your peers in PDU Cloud, with Product Management, with customers, and with internal stakeholders.
- Be committed and brave to drive changes outside formal framework of responsibilities.
- You will be a member of the PDU Cloud Leadership Team and will report to the Head of PDU Cloud.
We are looking for an agile, dynamic and result focused leader with the ability to empower teams to achieve the PDU objectives. The candidate should be interested in state of the art development techniques and capable of driving changes across the whole PDU. As a leader in our organization we expect you to be cooperative, transparent, customer oriented and drive our business towards success.
- Proven strong leadership skills. You should be able to give clear examples of success stories that came from your lean management style and empowerment of people.
- Solid knowledge of networking technologies & trends in the SDN and Data Center Networking areas.
- Experience in R&D line management and delivering carrier grade, networking centric products to the market.
- Experience in lean & agile way of working and from its implementation in large R&D organizations.
- Proven track record in driving organizational innovation and change management through strong solution orientation.
- Proven track record of being a team player, building strong and highly empowered teams.
- Very strong understanding on the concepts of continuous integration and experience in implementation of these techniques in software development teams.
- Ability to develop strong relationships and alignment with Ericsson stakeholders.
You have excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills. You must be fluent in oral and written English and have excellent presentation skills.
Location: Bengaluru, India
Please submit your application in English as soon as possible - we are working continuously with candidate selection. Application end date is January 23rd 2019.
Contact persons: Urban Wiklund
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || Bangalore || R&D
Req ID: 268731