Software Developer - Industrialized Adapters
The modeling office is responsible for the solution models, adapters and platform features needed to rapidly meet customer deployments.
As a member of the Modeling Office, the Software Developer is responsible for the design and implementation of scalable, high-performance, fault tolerant software applications. In this role, you will be directly involved in helping to design the model, multi-vendor near real time integration, and implement standardized deployment ready reference integrations. You will help also design and implement the core product features and tooling necessary to fulfill the mandate.
- Design and develop application components, tools, and core software components
- Analyze technology domains to determine the best integration strategy across analytics, topology and events to scope a particular domain solution; e.g. scoping and strategy for a Netconf-Yang MPLS service model.
- Deliver commercial grade high scale near real time solution adapters & models for a given solution.
- Analyze & validate solutions performance and scalability for delivery and in collaboration with systems engineering application validation
- Participate in the entire software development cycle by analyzing, specifying requirements, designing, and developing new tools, product features or platform core features.
- Design solutions to complex problem with an emphasis on efficiency, quality, and simplicity. Consistently deliver fast and quality software in an agile fashion
- Manage risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with architecture
- Constantly research and innovate in bringing the new tools, technologies, solutions, ideas and frameworks to the forefront.
- Drive strategy in evolving existing data model to meet demands of new application domains
- Partner with other members of the team on a daily basis resolving technical issues and hurdles, and implementing features
- An undergraduate degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field. Master’s preferred
- Strong software development skills with 5+ years of related development experience
- Understanding of UML and model driven design in general.Knowledge of NFV/SDN or ONF models is an asset.
- Detailed knowledge in one or more of the following areas: distributed back end systems, big data, cloud native systems, software design & implementation
- Objected oriented, functional, or concurrency oriented programming experience
- Ability to understand and propose potential solutions to new and complex problems
- Ability to analyze and document business requirements and corresponding technical solution
- Ability to design and implement complex software requirements specifications
- Experience working with remote teams and providing technical/architectural guidance to distributed team(s)
- Knowledge in one or more of networking technology such as carrier ethernet, IP/MPLS, SDN, Cloud Native Systems, or Network Function Virtualization
- Experienced in system scalability, large scale systems, and distributed computing and visualization
- Proven ability to analyze and document business requirements and corresponding technical solution
The following would be a plus:
- Ability to leverage VMW product suite
- Understanding of multiple hypervisor technologies (VMware, Hyper-V, OpenStack)
- Experience with Docker in a production deployment
- Experience with Apache Spark, Solr, Cassandra
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and build new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business, and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With about 101,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || R&D
Req ID: 268671