5G Solutions Manager
According to Ericsson’s latest Mobility Report, 5G will cover 40% of population in 2024. Ericsson is leading the way and looking to add a 5G Solutions Manager to our Market Area North America Network Product Solutions organization.
If you have current experience on technologies relevant to 5G Radio such as Beamforming, Radio Network functionality, RAN Architecture (incl Virtualization), mm-wave, RF simulations, link budgets, front-haul transport , LTE Advanced /Pro and industry applications of 5G and are interested in joining a team working in pre-sales, design, and delivery of customer projects take a look at our newest opportunity!
- Responsible for 5G Radio and transport product planning and life cycle management towards North American customers, with emphasis on RAN Architecture, Hardware/Software functionalities and features, KPIs, O&M, connectivity (transport), as well as associated engineering services (e.g. proof-of-concept, capacity planning and analysis, network performance optimization, Quality of Service, and network architecture and design).
- Perform complex research and analysis of market, technology, standards, customer requirements and competitor trends for the development of 5G Telecom Radio Network solutions using Total Cost of Ownership models.
- Prepare market requirement specifications for new and/or enhanced products. Interface with Ericsson product management groups for Network Products in 5G as well as interfacing with the product development organizations to secure development of solutions that meet the customers' needs in a timely manner.
- Organize and lead technical discussions with customers with focus on evolution to 5G Architecture, radio specific 5G beam-forming, high-band low-band RF Network deployment scenarios and technology benefits in a LTE and 5G stand-alone or combined deployment, use cases, packet network characteristics, services and features, dimensioning and capacity analysis based on end-user behavior and applications, transport, KPIs, etc.
- Participate in the Ericsson sales process, by performing or supporting the Customer Solution Responsible (CSR) role. Participate in RFX responses, tenders, presentations, consultations, and commercial proposals by providing product information, total solution value argumentation including services, bill of materials and driving the tender network designs. Meet customers and guide them into purchasing Ericsson products and solutions. Represent Ericsson at trade shows, seminars etc.
Qualifications and Experience
- Substantial current 5G Radio experience from sales/solutions in the industry
- Experience from working with customers on technical strategy evolution
- Thorough knowledge of RAN evolution, i.e. 5G network transformation
- 10+ yrs of industry experience
- University degree in Business or Engineering, Master’s degree would be advantageous or equivalent working experience
- This position is based in Plano, Texas at the Ericsson Market Area North America HQ
Not offering sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || Consulting&SysInt
Req ID: 268607