OSS Solution Architect
OSS Solution Architect
Digital Business Solutions team is looking for OSS Solution Architect to join its team based in Czech Republic.
The Solution Architect interacts with the customers to define and provide technical, competence development solutions that enhances the customer's competitive position. The Solution Architect plans, designs and deliver solutions that improve the customers network in terms of capacity, functionality, end-user-services, and competence built up etc. The Solution Architect identifies add on sales opportunities via a close cooperation with the customers in the delivery projects.
As a Solution Architect you will work for new service and product introduction. You will provide your expertise for customers both in pre-sales and delivery. You will be a key person for knowledge sharing and you will use your expertise to identify new or add on sales.
You are expected to work, cooperate and communicate in both with colleagues internally as well as customers to Ericsson. The role of a Solution Architect more than often requires you to take initiative and leading role in delivery projects.
Being part of the Digital Business Solutions means you have and maintain high technical knowledge. You share your knowledge and make a key contribution in selected customer engagements. You maintain an excellent network that helps you to perform. Responsibilities for this role include (but are not limited to):
- Analyze customer requirements and propose technical and competence developments solutions in new areas and domains required to enhance customer's competitive position.
- Specify and design a technical and/or competence developing solution in co-operation with the customer. The solution often leads to further development and improvement of customers' organization and processes.
- Provide the specified customized solutions, covering several domains and layers in the customer network.
- Drive changes in the methods, processes and guidelines within the customer organization or internally. Also acts as a leader/mentor in day to day operations to provide insights for less experienced colleagues.
- When applicable participate as a member of Core 3 team with specialist knowledge within the subject area (solutions) so that technical aspects related to are taken into account.
- Drives add on sales and business opportunities during the entire process in order to contribute to increased sales volumes.
- Manage teams of less experienced Solution Architect or Service Engineers in Customer Projects to ensure that they are delivered according to expectations and plans.
- Follow up the delivered products and solutions on an agreed regular basis with the customer to keep informed about the life cycle evolvement of the implemented customer solution.
- The technical development is rapid, and you are responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
Candidate should have strong experience working in Designer and Solution Architect role on the SI projects within OSS area, in Network Management domain and should be able to work with high motivation to contribute to Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Business Generation process.
- University degree in ICT/Engineering (Bachelor or above)
- A Master Degree or MBA is preferable
- Strong technical competence in OSS, Replication and Backup solutions
- Very good knowledge of Fault management, Performance management, and Configuration management
- Strong knowledge on HP x86 Blade Cluster HW and EMC storage systems
- Strong knowledge on Databases used in Domain Management area
- Knowledge in Linux IT Platform & ENM is an asset
- Knowledge in IP networking and design
- Knowledge of cloud and virtualization technologies like OpenStack, VMWare, Containers is an asset
- Hands on experience of Installation/upgradation/commissioning/migration of OSS is highly preferred
- Knowledge on the Sales Process and tools
- Knowledge on Operators business process e.g. eTOM and TOGAF
- Strong cultural awareness and excellent language skills to enable communication throughout the organization
- Consultative approach
- Excellent interpersonal, social & communication skills
- High willingness and ability to share knowledge and experience
- Problem solving and performance oriented
- Entrepreneurial and result driven; makes sure set targets are met
- Excellent oral/written English. Fluency in more languages is highly valued