Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
Solution Architect, who will be responsible for analyzing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solutions for the customers. In this role, SA will also be accountable for providing profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering & solutions.
- Education: Bachelors in Engineering (B.E/ B.Tech in IT, Telecom)
- 8-12 years of experience required
- Installation, Configuration and Troubleshooting of:
- Server Hardware: Dell, HP, and IBM
- Operating System: Windows, RHEL, CentOS, and Ubuntu
- Virtualization: HYPER-V, VMWare ESXi, AWS Cloud, Openstack
- Switch: Extreme, Cisco, Dell, Nokia
- Storage HP 3PAR, Dell Compellent
- Customer Interaction and Vendor Management
- This role sometimes requires physical onsite work in data center, so the candidate must be comfortable moving 30 lbs Deployment Hardware.
- Define and design solution offerings; driving end-to-end technical solutions
- Analyze customer technology, define business requirements and participate in risk analysis
- Work with core team on list of potential activities and solutions
- Proficient in Core Java, Advance Java, Web services, Shell Scripting/Python/Perl & MS SQL Database or any other RDBMS
- Must have working experience in UNIX/LINUX & Windows server environment
- Experience in any Version Control System
- Experience in Agile & DevOps environment
- Experience in handling Customer facing projects
- Experience in leading Solution Integrators to get the Implementation done
- Develop technical presentations
- Support deployment of solution
- Provide feedback to R&D
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing
- Stay abreast of on new technology/technical areas and share information about solution to enable customer competence build
- Understanding of CMMI processes
The Role comprises of but not limited to below activities:
- Discussion with Customer to finalize the IT Solution and provide Traffic Flow Diagrams, the Low-level and High-Level Diagrams, Rack Installation Diagrams, etc. For this the candidate must be versed with various ports and IT security standards within and inter corporate networks.
- Participate in the Dimensioning of New IT Hardware to be procured which includes Servers, Switches, Storage and Platform Products like Windows Server etc.
- Hand on experience in the end to end integration of Bare Metal Hardware to Business Go Live.
- Good working knowledge of Ansible playbooks, Git, scripting.
- Troubleshooting software issues like IIS, Apache Tomcat, Postgresql.
- Experience working with JIRA, Solarwinds, Confluence, bitbucket, MS Visio, TrafficFlow, Event Logs, Perfmon, Netsh, POSH
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.