Researcher - IoT Technologies Research
IoT Technologies Research
Ericsson Research (ER) is expanding the section working with Internet of Things device research and looks for new team members. The charter is to create novel concepts and technologies, do proof-of-concept prototyping, be a strategic eco-system influencer, serve as a pool of expertise supporting strategy, business and standardization functions within the Ericsson group, and create strategically important intellectual property. IoT devices are key in any IoT solution and include end-devices that can be anything from very capable to extremely constrained as well as IoT gateways connecting the devices to the networks.
Ericsson Research is the central research organization within the Ericsson group. We are over 600 researchers in eight countries, headquartered in Kista, Stockholm. Our mission is to provide Ericsson with system concepts, technology, and intellectual property, to secure the long-term success and competitiveness of Ericsson. World-class innovation is achieved through cooperation within Ericsson as well as with partners, customers, universities, and research institutes.
The work involves deep dives into advanced concepts and technologies, pushing technological barriers, and collaboration across organizations and sites. We encourage an open attitude with new ways of working and a believe that disruptive innovations happen when different technologies meet.
A member of our team should have in-depth competence as well as experience from one or several of the following disciplines as applied to the IoT device domain:
- IoT device management and application protocols and systems
- Semantic technologies
- IoT security
- IoT data management
- Embedded systems
- Hypermedia for IoT
- Distributed machine intelligence for IoT use cases
- Systems of systems
As a person, you want to perform at your best and have an inner drive to create innovations. You want to participate in deep technical discussions on various topics outside your core knowledge. The view on problem solving is holistic and you are used to think in terms of hardware and software, combined with technologies, to create applications. You are curious and actively analyzing the ever-changing world and are intrigued by technical trends and want to use it for creative experiments. You are also eager to engage in the dynamic and rapidly evolving external IoT technology community.
In your cover letter, please describe how you can contribute to IoT device research activities, in particular in the disciplines listed above. Also describe what opportunities you see, and how they will impact the future society. Describe your involvement in past projects, or other examples of technology engagements. We highly appreciate that you are willing to expand your horizon and are curious on new technologies.
Ericsson celebrates diversity and welcome applicants of all genders and nationalities. The position is based in Kista, Sweden.
A successful candidate will:
- Work in an area of great strategic importance for the Ericsson Group
- Work in an international and dynamic environment with strong opportunities for professional growth
- Make significant impact in Ericsson’s partner eco-system, international industry bodies and software communities
- Innovate new concepts and solutions and transfer these to the product development
- Perform, document and communicate research studies, measurements or computer simulations
- Develop research strategies
- Develop evaluation tools, demonstrators or test beds
- Engage in standardization, university collaborations, partner and customer activities
- Create new technical solutions and protect them with Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- Supervise and coach other researchers
- Postgraduate degree or M.Sc. with significant experience from research and/or product development
- In-depth competence in one or several of the disciplines listed above
- Ability to formulate problems and solve them independently and in groups
- Strong analytical skills and ability to acquire new knowledge, apply it, and spread it to others
- Strong communication skills in written and spoken English and good presentation skills
- Technical curiosity and willingness to try new things and methods
- Experience from the Internet of Things industry
- Experience from innovation work and/or patent creation
- International work experience
- Experience from working in cross-cultural and multi-site organizations
- Experience from agile ways of working
Description of the Company
Ericsson is a world leading provider of communications technology and services. Our offerings include services, consulting, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology for telecom operators and other industries. Today, more than 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic goes through Ericsson networks in over 180 countries, and we support customers’ networks servicing more than 2.5 billion subscribers. Using innovation to empower people, business, and community, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, operating across borders in over 180 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture and an innovative and engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. They share a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning and growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reach your career goals.
If you have any specific questions you are welcome to contact Recruitment Specialist at Malin.email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 31th January 2019
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.