Network Engineer RAN P&D and Optimization
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
We are now looking for a Network Engineer that will be responsible for performing design optimization and audit of a network to meet customer requirements.
The role focuses on executing design, audit and optimization of services, where you will be accountable for part of the solution and of the service process. Hereby, you should be able to keep time, performance and quality according to Ericsson requirements and customer contracts.
Can be engaged in the whole process from pre-sales of services and networks to service delivery and acceptance.
Participate in knowledge sharing activities, support and coach team members.
- Perform analysis of services and resources of the Radio Acces Network to achieve a defined performance or utilization target.
- It includes the monitoring and analysis of the network performance to understand and describe deviations from targeted goals so that appropriate correction or performance improvement actions can be taken in order to secure that the service performance is in line with quality and utilization levels.Request data collection from other organizations.
- Initiate, drive and coordinate actions to restore or improve the network performance level in line with agreed Key Performance Indicators. Improve serveability performance focusing on the end user.
- Create a plan and coordinate the end to end implementation of the optimization activities following the internal processes.
- After implementation of improvement initiative, verify the correct execution, testing and acceptance of the activities and securing the achievement of the optimization targets.
- Perform analyses of service and resource performance of the RAN network in response to a specific request to achieve a defined performance or utilization target.
- Ensures that the existing RAN infrastructure has the adequate capacity, availability and performance to meet customer's requirements and business needs (according to the Service Level Agreement ), in an efficient and timely manner.
- Plan the network technology evolution and the adaptation on the customer infrastructure in order to fulfill the customer's requirement to deliver a build solution design, a new or enhanced service.
- Keep documentation and databases updated according to strategic definitions, regulatory or technical requirements.Maintain the infrastructure updated according to vendor's upgrade definitions and roadmaps.
- Designs, plans and oversees installation and maintenance of wireless radio communications systems, including radio propagation modeling and prediction, interference analysis, frequency coordin
- ation, cell site equipment layout, parameter definition, data for new sites, initial tuning, drive test analysis.
- Identify add-on sales opportunities and provide support for pre-sales
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities
- Build and manage strong relationships with Internal/external customer
- Software Deployment Preparation
- Operation Services
- Applying Expertise & Technology
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations
- Planning & Organizing
- Deciding & Initiating Action
- Presentation & communication skills;
- Problem Solving & strategic thinking;
- Knowledge sharing, developing others & Collaboration skills
- Analytical thinking
- Customer oriented.
- Flexible and responsive to changing work patterns and demands
- Takes responsibility for actions
- Tools Office, Reporting, PM
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- University degree in Telecommunications, Engineering or possess equivalent experience in a related field
- Experience in Optimization or P&D RAN;
- Hands-on optimization activities;
- Good understanding of radio environment related to mobile communications;
- Good knowledge of GSM, UMTS, LTE radio systems;
- Hands-on with tools like TEMS, Actix or similar;
- Experience on 2G, 3G, LTE multiple vendor equipment is a plus, with parameters and radio features: Ericsson, Huawei, NSN, Alcatel, Nortel, etc.;
- Hands-on with mapping and prediction tools like Asset, GIS or similar;
- Experience with different Cell Planning & Performance Management Tools (NetAct, Nastar, Eniq, NPO, etc.);
- Troubleshooting and customer complaint management;
- Fluent in English, written and spoken.
What we offer
- We will value your competences
- You will work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
- You will benefit from a wide range of learning and transfer knowledge from/to your colleagues
- You will have access to latest technology and support to showcase your bright ideas
- You will enjoy Ericsson’s ways of working that value the importance of work life balance
- Work from home and flexible work schedule
- Benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
- You will be part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams etc.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || IT; ServEng
Job details: Network Engineer Job Stage 05