Senior SW Engineer / Researcher - PDU 4G5G RAN-Incubator
Are you ready for pushing limits and be part of creating the future for Ericsson?
5G is progressing rapidly, and Ericsson is recognized technology leader in bringing it to market. With the commercial launch of 5G expected in 2020, and pre-commercial trials happening now, there has never been a better time for you to make your mark. The possibilities are endless across industries – from automotive and transport to agriculture, utilities, and more.
RAN Incubator (RAN-I)
The organization RAN Incubator (PDU 4G5G) aims to work close to our customers, incubate new ideas in tight collaboration with technology research organizations. We try to accelerate product development with new fresh thinking. At RAN-I we work self-contained as one organization end-to-end from study/ pre-dev until first actual product. We challenge established flows with new methodologies and are active in open source communities.
Our organization is growing, and we strive to strengthen it with skilled persons with specific experiences. Therefore, we are searching for people who want to join us on our journey and are eager to create something new and exciting. We need help to build a 5G - CRAN solution on a generic compute platform utilizing edge cloud infrastructures and open source.
What is important in this position?
The setup and responsibility of the RAN-I organization implies that the roles will be cross functional, i.e. you will not only work with systemization, implementation or verification but rather slide between the different tasks depending on the needs. We are and intend to remain a small group of people that will do it all. This means that your personal qualities are crucial for us. You as successful applicant are productive, creative and interact easy with other people and must be comfortable to work with unspecified roles and changing requirements. Furthermore, you have a can-do attitude with a positive mindset and always strive to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.
In short - we look for a good mix of creativity, speed, ingenuity of design or problem-solving ability and dutifully getting the job done! If you feel you can contribute with your expertise and personality don’t hesitate to apply.
- Solid background in computer science and telecommunication
- Critical thinking ability, decision making, and researching skills with a strong ability to work independently and in a team
- Strong expertise with one or more general purpose programming languages like C/C++, Golang, Python, Rust
- Skilled in software architecture and design patterns
- Fluent in English in conversation and writing
- PhD or Master of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent education
Advantage if you have experience with one or more from the following:
- Strong experience in real time programming, embedded systems design, lower-level computer systems, computer architecture, and GPU acceleration (OpenCL, CUDA)
- Good Knowledge in acceleration (hardware and software)
- Experience in DSP programming, LTE protocols
- 5G system and technologies
- Experience with machine learning for both data streaming processing and offline (R/SciPy/Tensorflow)
- Strong experience in integration driven development
- Experience with open source tool chains for continuous development and integration
- Expertise in virtualization, cloud, and container technologies as (OpenStack, Kubernetes and Docker)
- Experience in open source development and usage
- Knowledge of mobile network and systems architecture
- Strong knowledge about Testing framework, Build Environment, Continuous Integration and Test strategy
- Radio / OSS - ENM / Platform / Baseband / Traffic Control
Location: This position is based in Stockholm, Sweden.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D
Req ID: 267822