LTE System Engineer
Are you ready to have significant role in 4G evolution and create the 5G future ?
Predicting the future is fun. Inventing it is powerful. We do both.
4G evolution takes place, 5G is coming soon, and Ericsson is the early leader in bringing it to market. With the commercial launch of 5G expected in 2020, and pre-commercial trials already happening now, there’s never been a better time for you to make your mark. The possibilities are endless across industries – from automotive and transport to agriculture, utilities, and more. The mobile network business is now in a phase where the evolvement towards 5G is ongoing and we see ourselves being in an extremely interesting phase from now and onwards, 4G evolution and 5G NX are happening right now.
The Product Development Unit (PDU) 4G&5G is responsible for development, release and maintenance of both 4G and 5G Networks.
We are now looking for a System developer in Traffic area working with 4G and 5G functionality.
Responsibilities & Tasks
The work is focused on developing new features for the LTE RAN networks, primarily in the Traffic area. We cover areas like Load Balancing, Mobility, Self-Optimizing Networks, Carrier Aggregation, Mission-Critical Communication, Connection Handling, Shared RAN, IoT etc. To handle the increased complexity of the system we are introducing new technologies like orchestration, machine learning, automation and analytics.
You are self-motivated and analytical with a high ability to understand, develop and drive technical solutions. It is important that you communicate well in English, both verbally and in writing. The daily work requires high abilities to work in teams as well as independently to achieve results on time and with quality.
Through this job you will gain experience in cutting-edge technology in an international environment that inspires you to lead, and work in to cross functional teams.
- MSc level in a technical discipline or the equivalent level of knowledge,
- Fluent in written and spoken English,
- Three years of experience in Radio Networks (preferably in the Traffic area),
- Experience in Cloud technologies, Machine Learning and/or Analytics is a plus,
- Strong self-drive, perseverance and communication skills,
- Lean & Agile knowledge and skills is beneficial.
What do we offer:
- Stable employment on the basis of an employment contract,
- Work based on developing the latest solutions in the area of mobile technology,
- Clearly defined career paths, trainings,
- Rich benefit package (private medical care for employee and his family, life insurance, Ok System, MultiSport, lunch voucher),
- Work in an international environment based on cooperation,
- Home office, flexible working hours, laptop and mobile phone,
- Work – life balance.