Font End Software Developer
The Front End Software Developer is responsible for the design and implementation of scalable, high-performance, fault tolerant UI. A solid user experience is critical for adding unquestionable value to end users and to wide product adoption. This isn't about building old-fashioned web applications and data forms - it's about understanding large quantities of data and providing stunning visualizations to offer crucial insights in ways that have never been seen before. In this role, you will be directly involved the design, implementation and testing of commercial and ready to launch products.
- Develop new application components and extend existing application components
- Help your team scope, plan and execute development tasks
- Investigate, reproduce and resolve software defects
- Perform code reviews and provide timely and constructive feedback to teammates
- Refactor and maintain existing codebase as needed to adapt to changing requirements
- Design solutions to complex problem with an emphasis on efficiency, quality, and simplicity
- Perform Proof of Concepts for adopting new technologies, APIs and systems integration
- Constantly research and innovate in bringing the new tools, technologies, solutions, ideas and frameworks to the forefront
- An undergraduate degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field.
- 5+ years of software development experience with an emphasis on UI application development
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Functional or concurrency-oriented programming experience
- Expertise in least one modern web framework such as React, Redux, Mobx, and front end technologies like HTML, CSS, and Sass or LESS
- Following competencies would be considered additional assets:
- Working experience with Apache Spark, Solr, Cassandra
- Familiarity with cloud environments like AWS, Azure, etc.
- System scalability, large scale systems, and distributed computing
- Understanding of user experience (UX) design principles
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and craft a more balanced future. With about 101,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world.
Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || R&D
Req ID: 267726