Principal Developer, Software Craftmanship Baseband
Are you ready to make your mark?
Predicting the future is Fun – Inventing it is Powerful! @Ericsson, we do both by giving our employees the freedom to think Big. Here, your ideas and innovations can turn into pioneering technology that impact society and facilitate people's life. We invented mobile Internet and now we are taking it to the next level. If you wish to be part of a passionate and highly skilled team, we are currently looking for a Principal Developer, Software Craftmanship Baseband to join us in our 5G journey!
The Radio networks are built by large amount of software systems. All of them with different requirements and characteristics. Some are standardized orchestration SW on COTS and others are specialized SW on specialized massive parallel hardware executing radio algorithms. They all work together as the distributed brains of mobile internet.
In Baseband development projects, many disciplines are working together to integrate SW in a complicated anatomy of functionality and SW components. Despite dependency on structure, agility is a key to success. Creative solutions and cooperation need to come frequently to be able to achieve goals.
About the Team
We at Product Development Baseband (PD BB) are part of Product Development Unit 4G&5G (PDU 4G&5G). We drive end-to-end baseband software product development, relying on the competence and capability of our people to take on full feature responsibility i.e. enabling the implementation and verification of full feature requirements. The baseband software implements the layer 1 and layer 2 protocol layers of the Ericsson RAN product family. The software is deployed on Ericsson baseband hardware where the baseband software interacts with layer 3 software, Radio modules and O&M. Based in Sweden, we are proud to own the 5G/NR RBS baseband products and to be responsible for product development planning and maintenance. This position is based in Stockholm but we also have colleagues in Lund, Ottawa and Beijing doing baseband development.
What are we looking for?
Are you a software designer with a true passion for technology and above excellent software design knowledge? Do you believe your skills can improve, transform and enhance software design in a company creating one of the most advanced products in the world? Do you get a kick by creating functionality that has never been created before, in any other product? If this sounds like you and you are looking to be part of an organization where you will be given the possibility to reach your full potential, then we'd love to meet to tell you more about us.
About the job
As Principal Developer, your days will be filled with many exciting challenges. Here are a few highlights:
- You will be part of a highly skilled group of engineers and you will be joining a community of people that enjoy creating world most advanced products;
- You will set and drive the Baseband strategy and development plans for the technical direction together with other tech leads on how to take baseband SW craftmanship to the next level;
- You will be a driver in the baseband software community on how to make baseband SW craftmanship easier to develop and to test. This will be done by sharing best practices, creating and following up on guidelines on how to develop baseband code to meet our architectural strategies at the same time adding customer value;
- You will introduce and drive different software development techniques for example TDD (Test Driven Development), mob programing;
- You will identify and drive if and how Ericsson can open baseband SW code to share to open source. You will also be responsible to represent Baseband in open source community;
- You will represent Ericsson in different developer conferences to brand Ericsson as technology leaders and attract new talent;
- You will have continuous contact with academia, to be up-to-date with the latest trends and research within the software craftmanship area;
- You are expected to be aware industry trends about software craftmanship, to understand competition and be able to secure our technology leadership in the Baseband SW area.
Who are you?
- You have a long and proven track record on being an excellent developer;
- You are passionate about software development and development techniques;
- You have experience and skills in public speaking and technical writing;
- Strong listening and communication skills;
- You are a natural leader;
- You adhere to Lean and Agile principles;
- You have a MSc level or higher in Computer Science.
How to apply?
Interested in joining #TeamEricsson or/and know more about this role? – Please send your application in English clearly outlining why you believe you are good candidate for this position and visit www.ericsson.com to learn more about our Quest for Easy. If you have any question, feel free to contact Mouloud Lardjane, Lead Recruiter Product Development Unit 4G5G via LinkedIn.
Primary Location: Stockholm - Kista, Sweden.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D
Req ID: 267698