HW Technical Coordinator
Add your career to the resources of Ericsson and amazing things can happen. Whatever you want to achieve, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions. You can have a global career. You can maintain a healthy work-life balance. Above all, you can always have a positive effect on the people closest to you and the wider world around you.
Ericsson Hungary is now looking for a HW Technical Coordinator to secure Ericsson technology leadership and make sure we have the right scope, quality, time and cost for product development.
As a HW Technical Coordinator you will make sure that technical studies, discussions, investigations are producing the results on the expected quality level and are always ready in time on our Router 8000 and Router 8801 HW platforms. You will work together closely with our HW System Architect, HW Program Manager, Product Quality Manager and our vendors in all areas and activities of HW development, maintenance and also with exposure on production (production quality and efficiency improvement). You will have an excellent opportunity to build on your HW engineering expertise and improve your project management skills, oversee complex end to end processes (desig, supply, development, manufacturing, maintenance including customer communication and escalaltion handling).
This is an ideal role for you if You want to utilize your full technical knowledge and go towards Senior Project, Program Manager roles.
- Drive all hardware related development and maintenance activities
- Be the first technical point of contact from and to our suppliers
- Help the HW Program Manager to analyze and continuously improve end-to-end HW processes
- Drive activities related to hardware manufacturing and field issues
- You will be required to drive technology and product leadership
- Flow optimization and continuous quality improvement
- Innovation and improvements
- Education: MSc in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science (MSc in Electrical Engineering preferred)
- Min Years of experience: 6+
- Hardware development experience with highly complex hardware architecture
- Has experience working with customer escalations and interfacing with the customer contacts.
- Has working experience in production (factory) environment. Understands the factory process and steps for PCB and finished goods assembly.
- Understands quality metrics and how to work with suppliers to improve product quality.
- Has experience debugging failures in the factory and stabilizing production quality.
- Work with diagnostics software developers for testing units
- Work with hardware engineers
- Capable of traveling and interacting with international teams especially in the Malaysia, China, and India regions.
- Experience with carrier router design and maintenance. Has worked on router equipment from small routers to full rack routers.
- Experience working with highly complex and large line cards and switch cards and backplane type architecture.
- Has technical experience in designing and working on router products at the hardware and low level software test level.
- Has experience managing component qualifications and managing last time buy when components go end of life.
What we offer
- Flexible working hours
- High standard working environment (bicycle storage, several parking lots…)
- Easily accessible location
- Competitive compensation package, wide range of cafeteria elements, annual bonus
- International career opportunities
- Great team spirit, fun events
- Professional communities
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Subsidized language courses
- Mobile with 4G, laptop
- Local medical service
- Relocation support
Location: Hungary – 1117 Budapest, Magyar tudósok körútja 11.
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture & an innovative & engaging environment where employees enhance their potential everyday. Our employees live our vision, core values & guiding principles. They share a passion to win & a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning & growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge & skills necessary to reach your career goals.