We are looking for an experienced Legal Counsel who is qualified as a solicitor in the UK (and a current member of the Law Society for England and Wales). This role has been created after an internal promotion and would suit a strong commercial and transactional lawyer with relevant contract experience in the ICT/Telecommunication industry. We’re a global telecommunications company who work in a host of different areas, so we need someone with varied skills who’s happy with each day being different.
The Legal Counsel is expected to deal with a wide scope of legal and contractual responsibility. The main focus of the role will be in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts with Ericsson customers in the UK and Ireland in challenging circumstances and timeframes, including providing legal advice and support to Ericsson’s UK Key Account Manager (KAM) business on a variety of legal matters in a fast-paced commercial environment.
The role will also be expected to support on sourcing and other legal matters and be able to work autonomously together with the other legal team members, where appropriate. The person will need to demonstrate integrity and experience of negotiating with customers and suppliers and have strong interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrate an ability to support Ericsson’s KAMs independently.
The role requires a broad range of legal competence required by a large multinational in the ICT sector.
· Advice on a wide variety of ICT/Telecommunication and outsourcing contractual and commercial matters;
· Review, draft and negotiate commercial contracts, in particular ICT/Telecommunication supply contracts, IS contracts and outsourcing contracts;
· Advise the business on current contracts and generally in relation to matters;
· Prepare and give trainings to the business and be a member of a team updating legal precedents;
· Respond with a sense of urgency to questions and problems escalated to Legal;
· Provide legal advice on regulatory matters including Data Protection, Health & Safety and governance and compliance matters generally, striving to protect the company's legal interests in accordance with corporate policies;
· Assist in managing the contracting process ensuring compliance with contract specifications and resolution of any problems or issues.
· Advising on compliance with Ericsson Directives, Policies and Codes of Practice.
Essential knowledge and skills:
· Relevant extensive PQE experience
· Detailed knowledge of ICT/Telecommunication sector from customer perspective with ability to understand software licensing and ICT issues;
· Ability to work autonomously, as an independent lawyer, with own case load;
· Ability to work in a fast paced agile environment, to work relentlessly at a high standard and under pressure and prioritise heavy and variable workload;
· Ability to be well organized, identify and concentrate on the key points;
· Ability to turnaround work at a fast pace with proven accuracy and attention to detail;
· Developed business acumen, with ability to understand Ericsson’s business objectives and anticipate the nature and magnitude of issues that could arise in various settings;
· Ability to work within a team setting, locally and regionally;
· Strong communication and negotiation skills and experience in dealing with internal and external customers and suppliers and with senior internal Ericsson stakeholders;
· Proactive with a hands-on approach and enthusiastic and hard-working.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United Kingdom (GB) || || Reading || Consulting&SysInt; ServEng
Req ID: 267609