We are looking for 2 project managers for Ericsson BDGS R&D Guangzhou.
The project manager is responsible for managing the project toward its goal in terms of scope, time, costs, and quality. This includes monitoring and controlling project progress and deliveries, and focusing on the needs and prioritization of the customer and other important project stakeholders.
The project's business direction and scope are defined and approved by the project sponsor. However, the project manager should be given the authority needed to be able to control and take advantage of opportunities to improve the value of the project and its outcome.
The project manager is responsible for:
- Managing the project toward its goal in accordance with the agreement made with the project sponsor
- Ensuring that all the activities in the project management process needed for a high quality project performance and a successful project execution are performed. This responsibility includes ensuring that the relevant competences in the different project management knowledge areas are available in the project:
- Project Integration Management
- Project Value Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Finance Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Communications Management
- In classic Way of Working the target for the project manager is to make sure everything ordered is delivered, balancing the triple constraints (time, cost and scope). The project progress is driven from the plan and followed up by milestones.
- In Agile, the target is to deliver the most important parts, where time and cost are "predefined". The progress is driven from team commitments and monitored from team information. Therefore focus is on:
- Coaching the teams
- High level planning/direction instead of detailed planning
- "Good enough". As Agile provide shorter feedback loops artifacts (documents, plans, reports) are improved iteration by iteration.
- The Project manager has the authority to fulfil all activities and responsibilities specified above.
- The authority of the project manager is defined by the project sponsor and limited to the project life-time.
- Knowledge of our domain/product.
- Knowledge of Ericsson group directives, R&D steering principles, PLCM process.
- Knowledge of project management: including scope, finance, time, quality, resource, procurement, value, communication, risk and integration project management.
- Knowledge of Lean and Agile development.
- Strong communication skill, including English.
- Business leadership : create strong relationships , keep commitments and create business value
- Thought leadership: see the big picture and Demonstrate entrepreneurship
- People Leadership: bring the best out of everyone and empower people to excel
- Organization leadership :removes obstacles and maintains strategic focus, Ability to work as one team, Leads across boundaries , being open to new ideas and able to implement them in the workplace, challenging the way its always been done
- Self leadership: Thrives on curiosity , Learns and grows, Handles ambiguity and uncertainty
The main interfaces for Project Manager are:
- Program Manager
- Agile Product Owner
- Line Managers
- Scrum Master
- LT of PDU
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || || Guangzhou (Canton) || R&D
Req ID: 267345