Software Architect - Machine Learning and Analytics
As Software Architect, reporting to Software Manager, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of scalable, high-performance, fault tolerant Analytics and Machine Learning capabilities. You will apply Analytics and Machine Learning principles to massive data sets, to unearth crucial insights and patterns that add value to our customers.
- Contribute to overall direction within our Analytics and Machine Learning development team
- Help your team design, scope, plan, and execute development tasks
- Design, implement, and test new machine learning and analytics features and capabilities
- Profile, analyze, and optimize solutions performance and scalability, to assist with systems engineering and application deployments
- Research and evaluate new software development tools and/or Machine Learning methods. Guide development by identifying and implementing approved new software tools and/or Machine Learning technologies, in compliance with industry best practices
- A university degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field. A postgraduate degree, with specialization in Machine Learning, is a plus.
- 10+ years of software development experience.
- A good understanding of software development lifecycle
- Proven ability to deliver complex software solutions, on-time and on-quality
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to new and complex problems
- 5+ Experience designing and implementing Machine Learning solutions on large-scale data sets, with emphasis on Time Series analysis: anomaly & breakout detection, correlations, trends, and forecasting.
- Experience with multiple Machine learning paradigms, such as Supervised/Unsupervised Learning, Statistical Models, Decision Trees, Neural Networks, SVMs.
- Experience with multiple Machine Learning & Statistics packages, such as caret/R, NumPy/Python, MLIB/Spark.
- Experience working with technologies as Java, R, Clojure, Python, Scala, Spark, Cassandra, Solr, Kafka.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas would be considered an asset: real-time streaming and processing of big data, application performance and scalability, OSS, databases, micro services.
Prior experience in the Telecom network management space is highly desired
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and build new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business, and society to fulfill their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With about 101,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world.
Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || ProdMgt