We are looking for a ICT Engineer to work with development and deliveries of test environments for 4G/5G more specifically in the Packet Core domain. The Packet Core consists of multiple Ericsson products for network elements which needs to be combined and set-up to work as a functioning and stable environment. They exist in both integrated versions with dedicated HW and Virtualized on different Hypervisors. The environments are used by testers/integrators that can verify/validate network functions and characteristic during software development or integration activities.
The daily work includes analysis and implementation of customer requirements, building as well as changing product/system/network configurations and using system monitoring/troubleshooting tools to give best-in-class support to our users. The work is performed in teams working agile - cross both organizational and geographical borders. The position includes working hands-on with documenting solutions, Linux systems, Openstack and/or VMware clusters, Kubernetes clusters, Ericsson product CLI:s, scripting, protocol analyzers etc. Also automation of IT services is a focus area for this position as Ericsson Data Centers are becoming the epicenter of our Service Deliveries and the products will be deployed in standardized IT infrastructure complemented with NFVi solutions. Finally, the position requires to engage in how we constantly can improve our services in terms of efficiency, quality and technology.
- Create cost effective solutions through activities in IT and network design, planning and deployment
- Configure and integrate nodes and solutions into networks (new and existing)
- Maintain a stable environment and optimize the network elements and solutions as necessary
- Perform trouble shooting and customer support
- Drive continuous improvements of products and processes
- Technical support handling of internal and external customers
- Develop competence in technical domain
- Requires a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Systems or Network Technology.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of data communication and IP networks.
- Experience with Linux/Windows servers, DNS, Firewall or Radius applications.
- Knowledge in scripting, using Bash or Python programing.
- Experience from working for a telecom operator, or as a system integrator, or with product verification of any of the above products.
- Experience working with integrating and troubleshooting applications installed on virtualization platforms such as VMware, Hyper-V or OpenStack.
- Working with people and networking
- Innovating, adapting and responding to change
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
Fluent in English
Can you see yourself here: https://play.ericsson.net/media/t/1_4uzjsc8u ?
In case of questions, please contact the Hiring Manager: Torbjörn Lundin at: email@example.com
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || IT
Req ID: 267187