We are looking for an ICT Engineer to work with development and deliveries of test environments for 4G/5G in the Packet Core domain. The Packet Core consists of multiple Ericsson products for network elements which needs to be combined and set-up to work as a functioning and stable environment. They exist in both integrated versions with dedicated hardware, and as virtualized versions that run on various different hypervisors. We are now focusing on the next evolution, which will run on a Cloud Native platform using Kubernetes. The environments are used by systems and function testers to verify and validate network functions during software development or integration activities.
The daily work includes analysis and implementation of customer requirements, building as well as changing product/system/network configurations and using system monitoring/troubleshooting tools to give best-in-class support to our users. The work is performed in teams working agile - across both organizational and geographical borders. The position includes working hands-on with Linux systems, OpenStack, KVM and VMware clusters, Kubernetes clusters, documenting solutions, Ericsson product CLI's, scripting, protocol analyzers etc. We are also putting a heavy focus into automation of IT services, as Ericsson Data Centers are becoming the epicenter of our Service Deliveries and the products will be deployed in standardized IT infrastructure complemented with NFVi solutions. One of our major goals is to continue deploying new automation routines through the use of tools such as Ansible and Python based scripts, in order to streamline processes and speed up deliveries. Finally, the position requires engagement in how we can constantly improve our services in terms of efficiency, quality and technology.
- Create cost effective solutions through activities in IT and network design, planning and deployment
- Configure and integrate nodes and solutions into networks (new and existing)
- Maintain a stable environment and optimize the network elements and solutions as necessary
- Respond to technical support queries and provide solutions to stake-holders
- Drive continuous improvements of products and processes with a focus on improving automation to deliver solutions faster.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation
- Develop competence in technical domain
- Requires a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Systems or Network Technology.
- Good understanding of data communications and networking, including routing protocols, routing contexts, and switching in a mixed IPv4/IPv6 environment.
- Good understanding of virtual networking
- High level of knowledge and experience working in a Linux environment
- Strong knowledge of networking protocols such as DNS, DHCP, TFTP and Radius
- Knowledge in scripting, using Bash or Python programming
- Experience with automation and system management tools such as Ansible and Puppet
- Experience from working for a telecom operator, or as a system integrator, or with product verification of any of the above products.
- Experience working with Kubernetes
- Experience working with integrating and troubleshooting applications installed on virtualization platforms such as VMware, OpenStack and KVM
- Working with people and networking
- Innovating, adapting and responding to change
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum way of working
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
Fluent in English
Can you see yourself here: https://play.ericsson.net/media/t/1_4uzjsc8u ?
In case of questions, please contact the Hiring Manager: Torbjörn Lundin at: email@example.com
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || IT
Req ID: 267187