SW Production Architect, Product Development Traffic Control
Ericsson, Linköping is now looking for a senior technical leader (i.e. technical architect or principal developer) in the area of SW production. This position is specifically intended to technically lead the overall development of the traffic control production environment.
The Traffic Control SW implements the layer 3 protocols and functionality within the Ericsson 4G and 5G Radio Access Network (RAN) product family. The implementation is done both in C/C++ and by generated code from modelling tools. The SW is to be deployed both on our own Baseband Hardware boards and on cloud infrastructure using COTS HW.
A production environment (input is source code in a repo and output is working executables) is here defined as:
- Standard IT services like networks, databases, WEB hotels, storage, and execution environments.
- Continuous Integration services for process automation.
- Test environments spanning from standard Linux machines to labs with complete RAN networks.
The Traffic Control SW Production Architect is focusing on the infrastructure of tools and services required to develop the traffic control applications. Responsibilities consists of of overall design environments, continuous integration pipelines and test environments, enabling the development teams to deliver quality assured code to be deployed on both native and cloud-based execution platforms.
The infrastructure itself is multi-layered, and lower layers are managed and developed in cooperation with and by other organizations within Ericsson to enable reuse and sharing.
The position holder has the responsibility to:
- Drive the strategy for the RAN Traffic Control SW Production infrastructure
- Participate in and influence Product Development Units (PDU), DU and Business Units level strategies in this domain area
- Ensure compliance to agreed common parts of the infrastructure
- Secure that SW production considerations are done in SW product architecture and development
- Own and develop the main architecture of the production infrastructure
- Monitor and participate in the Continuous integration open source community to ensure that we can leverage on technical achievements from the eco system
- Connect and participate in university collaborations in the area
Key Qualifications: Excellent knowledge and experience in the following areas
- Large scale SW development
- Development in OOP such as C/C++
- Holds a Technical Specialist, Architect or Principal developer role today
- Strategic technical mindset
- Cloud technologies
- Continuous integration
- IT service architecture
Other Important Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills
- Business Acumen
- Stakeholder management at C-Suite level
- Coaching and knowledge sharing
- Teamspirit mentality
- Highly driven in both technically creativity to ensure forward momentum in development for Ericsson
- Technical Entrepreneurial mindset
Hiring Manager: Fredrik Svensson
Position Location: Linköping, Sweden
The recruitment process is ongoing, if you feel that this is a match for you please upload your cover letter and resumé. For questions please write to Richard Tjong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Linköping || R&D
Req ID: 267183