Software Developer - Analytics
As software developer, reporting to Software Manager, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of scalable, high-performance, fault tolerant analytics capabilities. You will apply analytics principles to massive data sets, to unearth crucial insights and patterns that add value to our customers.
- Contribute to overall direction within our analytics development team
- Help your team scope, plan, and execute development tasks
- Design, implement, and test new analytics features and capabilities
- Measure and analyze solutions performance and scalability, to assist with systems engineering and application deployments
- Research new software development tools and technologies and guide development by identifying and implementing approved new software tools and/or technologies in compliance with industry best practices
- An university degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- A good understanding of software development lifecycle
- Proven ability to deliver complex software solutions, on-time and on-quality
- Capability to understand and propose solutions to new and complex problems
- Experience designing distributed architectures and working with technologies as Java, Clojure, Python, Scala, Apache Spark, Apache Casandra, time series analysis, test automation.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas would be considered an asset: streaming and processing of big data, performance and scalability, OSS Software design and implementation, databases, operating systems
- Prior experience in the Telecom network management space is highly desired
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
Primary country and city: Canada (CA) || || Ottawa || R&D
Req ID: 267128