Director, Head of Talent Acquisition, South East Asia, India & Oceania
Role: Director, Head of Talent Acquisition, South East Asia, India & Oceania
Location: Melbourne, Australia or Singapore
Are you passionate about talent acquisition and do you get motivated and excited by working in a rapidly changing matrix business environment with high demands? Are you a solution oriented and results driven leader who get things done? Ready to transform and lead the talent acquisition function? Join our regional HR team and help execute the talent acquisition agenda to enable business innovation and growth!
Based in Melbourne, Australia or Singapore, you will report directly into the India based VP of Human Resources with a dotted line into the UK based Global Head of Talent Acquisition. The talent acquisition team delivers over 800 internal and external hires in the digital (IT & Cloud) and telco space. The team is currently over 25 people strong and a combination of an internal recruiting function for internal hiring, along with a RPO vendor for all external hiring.
As the Head of Talent Acquisition for the region, you will only on occasion own your own requisitions and drive the end to end recruiting process for select executive roles. You will primarily be responsible for the regional TA strategy consisting of:
- Recruitment Delivery
- Employer Branding
- Diversity & Inclusion
- University Hiring
Almost all your time will be spent on driving the RPO delivery and executing the regional strategy through projects and delivery initiatives in the following areas:
- RPO governance & delivery
- Employer branding
- Diversity & inclusion
- Graduate hiring
- Standardized assessment & selection
- Candidate experience & onboarding
- Hiring manager experience
- Process simplification
- Analytics & reporting
You will work closely with regional and global stakeholders such as:
- Regional and global TA team
- HR SMEs (Learning & Development, Talent Management, Workforce Planning, and Total Rewards)
- HR generalists and HR business partners
- Hiring managers
- RPO Account Director & Team Leads
Success factors include:
- Rolling up your sleeves and getting things done. You are a doer, not a delegator. While you will have two direct reports and work with multiple stakeholders and a large RPO team to achieve results and gather data from, you still need to own the deliverables and results. There is a large RPO team and internal recruitment team with a dotted line to you. You will help drive their performance and delivery.
- Stakeholder management. Plenty of people to influence and collaborate with.
- Cultural awareness & sensitivity. You will work with regional and global stakeholders with different cultures, communication styles, and ways of working. So, you need to adapt and customize your approach as needed.
- Transparency & communication skills. You will be clear, to the point, and data driven when communicating with and influencing others.
- Project management. You are driving projects, not recruiting on a day to day basis. So be prepared to learn and adopt the project management methodology.
- Time management. There are multiple projects running simultaneously. So, you will prioritize and plan your time. You also need to be flexible with your work hours due to global and regional calls. We have a flexible work environment, so you can balance work with your other priorities.
- Results oriented. Starting projects is not enough. You actually need to achieve results under tight deadlines.
- Tech savvy. We love tools and technology at Ericsson, so you need to be eager to learn and adopt technology.
- Solution oriented. No excuses. We find solutions for the business.
- Data driven. You love data and want to analyze and use it to influence, strategize and educate.
- Ability to coach and engage teams. You will mentor your direct report to be your successor and help coach and engage the wider TA team to deliver results.
Your prior experience ideally includes the following:
- South East Asia/ASEAN or APAC experience. Global experience is a plus.
- Experience transforming talent acquisition.
- Exposure to TA best practices, not just operational/transactional recruitment. You would have had experience with recruitment marketing/employer branding, digitization (tools & technology for CRM and/or sourcing), analytics, candidate experience, etc.
- End to end recruitment at a multi-national organization. While you will not recruit often, you need to have recruited to help build a best in class talent acquisition function.
- Managing a team of recruiters and RPO partners.
- In-house corporate recruitment and RPO experience. You can’t just have agency/executive search experience to adapt to and deliver results in a complex matrix environment.
Note that we are unable to process a work permit for Singapore or Australia. So you are either a citizen or permanent resident in either of these two countries.
To learn more about Ericsson, please visit:
Tag: MOAIHJ HJ
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Singapore (SG) || || Singapore || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 266984