Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
As a technical engineer in an individual capacity role, you will be responsible in owning and contributing to the design, development and maintenance of one or two routing protocol modules relating to unicast, multicast and MPLS related protocol. Examples of such protocols are OSPF, BGP, LDP, RSVP, PIM, IS-IS etc. on a family of access and edge router products.
- Education: Bachelor in Engineering (B.E/ B.Tech /M.Tech in IT/ CS/ ECE) from premier engineering institutions only. First Class with Distinction.
- Minimum years of experience: 4-8years
- 3+ years total experience in software development.
- 3+ year’s relevant experience in developing software in the IP protocol area on embedded real-time operating systems.
- Expert level C coding and debugging experience.
- Should possess hands-on experience in design and implementation of one or more routing protocols such as OSPF, BGP, RIP, IS-IS, IGMP, LDP, RSVP etc. on a carrier class router platform.
- The ideal candidate should be familiar with related RFC’s and have a good understanding of the work going on within the industry standards body.
- Candidate should have experience and the ability to work independently with other cross-functional teams including SQA.
- Strong OS concepts and exposure to multi-threaded application development a must.
- Knowledge of overall router design and software architecture desirable.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) a must. Must possess the willingness to produce high quality of code.
- This role is for a very self-driven and highly motivated individual.
- Exciting opportunity to work on best-in-class products deployed worldwide.
- Opportunity to debug, design and develop on highly availability system architectures and design for industry leading highly scalable products in Routing /MPLS space.
- Chance to work on carrier-class deployed technology.
- Opportunity to play an individual contributor role growing to a lead engineer role.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information..