Solution Architect MediaKind
MediaKind is an exciting new company that has been created following the divestment of the Media division from the Ericsson Group. Mediakind already has hundreds of customers located all over the world and is positioned as a global leader in providing media processing, delivery, and TV service platforms for Broadcasters and Cable, Satellite and OTT TV operators, with a goal to create and deliver immersive media experiences for its customers.
Mediakind currently employs approximately 1600 employees spread over several sites around the world (USA, Great Britain, France, China, Israel, Canada).
The Mediakind portfolio includes broadcast, live OTT, OnDemand, cloud DVR, advertising and video as a Service (aaS) solutions.
As a Solution Engineer within engineering, you will actively participate in video solution project development and support technical teams and solution owners.
This position falls within the Product Development Unit (R&D).
For line management matters, this position will report to the Head of Delivery (Rennes). For operational matters this position will report to the Head of Solution Development (UK).
- Organize and drive discussions on design of solutions and new features during the initial project phases.
- Authoring and the timely delivery of technical solution documentation.
- Monitor the development of features to ensure that they are coherent with the architecture/design specifications and fine-tune the architecture/design specifications during the feature implementation phase based on feedback and issues encountered.
- Take responsibility for making system architectural choices and provide arguments to convince development team, Project Manager, and Services that the choices are future-proof, pragmatic, clean, and implementable within the required timeframe.
- Drive Solution architecture and design improvements independently from product features by writing technical specifications, design proposals, and strategies for implementation that minimize impact on project timelines.
- Collaborate with Solution Owners, Solution Engineers and Technical Leads to ensure a coherent overall solution strategy.
- Identify risks and suitable resolution or workaround options.
- Undertake system level integration that often entails analytical investigation. Raising defects when necessary.
- Participation in technical solution meetings with customers. Understand use cases and requirements, feeding this back into the business via Product Management.
- Accountability on project achievement for the technical part through identified deliverables.
- Support services and operational team on early and innovative solution deployment. Being able and willing to share knowledge and skills with colleagues.
- Providing system level technical consultancy within the company.
- Mastering video/audio systems and products.
- Mastering technologies of container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos/Marathon…).
- Experience in use of tools for « provisioning » and « configuration management », like Ansible, Puppet…
- Mastering technologies of system virtualizing, especially OpenStack and VMWare, and related security aspects
- Mastering Micro-Service principles, service discovery technologies (etcd, consul…).
- Deep understanding of the Linux stack including CentOS and RHEL.
- Experience in use of public IaaS platforms.
- Proven accomplishments in cooperation with development teams (system integration, technical requirements definition, …), and DevOps practices.
- Experience in technical coaching and training.
- Good understanding and the ability to define and debug IP networks.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- MSc or equivalent in the field of Telecommunications, signal processing, computer science
- Good written and communication skills, fluent in English
- Solution architect, minimum of 3 years of professional experience in Solution architecture
Additional Requirements, Physical Demands, Region/Local Specifications:
- Knowledge sharing & collaboration skills
- Existing knowledge of multiscreen systems is advantageous
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Python or Terraform is advantageous
- Good presentation skills
- Coaching & mentoring skills
- Able to work in a team or alone on a project
- Be able to organize their own time and cope with multiple simultaneous tasks
- Understands what customers expect of great tech products
Must be able to travel within the EU; occasional international travel may be required.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: France (FR) || || Rennes || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 266716