Digital TV Software Engineer MediaKind Rennes
MediaKind is an entity from the Media division of Ericsson Group, it is positioning as a global leader in media solutions & media technology innovation, with a goal to create and deliver immersive media experiences for its customers.
Mediakind represents approximately 1600 employees spread over several sites around the world (USA, Great Britain, France, China, Israel, Canada).
Our products portfolio includes audio/video real-time and offline transcoders, supervision tools, network packagers, multiplexers.
Scope and Context
The open position is attached to the Media Processing & Delivery Product Development Unit of MediaKind.
As part of this entity, Rennes R&D center is in charge to develop software-based products and solutions in the field of video compression, video distribution over IP, OTT or broadcast, aimed at multiple peripherals: TVs, Set-Top Boxes, PC, game consoles, smartphones and tablets.
Our R&D center located in Rennes is looking for a Digital TV engineer to strengthen his engineering product development activity.
As part of our growth, we are looking for a talented and motivated engineer to work on the development of Digital TV modules embedded in our products and solutions.
Within the Input Output Dataflow team, coordinated by the team manager, the engineer is in charge to:
- Implement software modules (mostly C++, and also Python scripts) in an industrial environment: this includes software configuration management, defect management, test strategy, development processes and team work
- Develop features on MediaKind software encoding solution, and also develop internal tools (diagnostic tools, unit test utilities…)
- Specify, develop, optimize and test some proof of concept (technical feasibility)
- Handle various technical components :
- Capture and packetisation stacks
- Interoperability and integration with third party equipments (DRM, CAS, CMS, CDN )
- Interface with modules provided by other teams at MediaKind
- Advanced functionalities, such as advertisement trigger insertion, image insertion
- Transport modules
- Participate to technical documentation written in English
This position focuses on TV only applications, including these problematics: broadcast, statistical multiplexing, bandwidth management.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in software development, in industrial environment
- Significant experience in the field of digital TV
- Experience within an Agile scrum
- Fluent in English
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented software development, especially C++, and software design, under Linux environment
- Strong knowledge of Digital TV standards and protocols: MPEG-2 TS, MPEG-4, RTP, statistical multiplexing
- Experience in Internet TV domain (Smooth Streaming, http Live Streaming, DASH…) is a nice to have
- Understanding of IP networks and content distribution problematics
- Skills in dynamic programing languages such as Python, is a nice to have
- Experience in development on linux systems, in terms of socket management, file system, multi-threading, IPC protocols
- Good knowledge of industrial software tools: Bugzilla, Subversion…
- Familiar with Agile methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban)
- Interest on Security problematics is a plus
- Proficient in English and French
- Ability to work in industrial environment : source code management, delivery processes, test strategy, action-and-results oriented
- Ability to synthetize complex themes, good communication and reporting skills
- Taste for diving into complex issues, analyze and resolve them
Location of the position
This job is in Rennes area.
As part of the activity, some travels to foreign locations (MediaKind or customers or conferences / exhibitions) may be necessary.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: France (FR) || || Rennes || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D; SalesStratMkt&ComMgt; ServEng; SharedServ; Stud&YP; Supply&Log
Req ID: 266713