Network Engineer, DBSS application and infrastructure
Role objectives: provide pure technical support of system Digital BSS.
As an Network Engineer, you will participate in system studies and implement features according to requirements, including coding, feature testing, and product documentation.
You will get the chance to work with developing and improving system administration processes & tools, automate them in a Linux execution environment such as:
· Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure related to a service;
· Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools;
· Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability;
· Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes;
· Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies;
· Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks;
· Participate in the design of information and operational support systems;
· Provide 2nd and 3rd level support;
· Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
· At least 1 year of relevant experience in a similar position, ex. System Engineer, Service Engineer, Network Engineer;
· Good and wide technical background (Network, System, Database) is an advantage;
· Good planning and organizing skills, problem solving skills;
· Ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams at an international scale
· Stress resistant and ability to adapt to tight deadlines and dynamically changing priorities
· Good knowledge about Microsoft Operating Systems, of Network related technics, DNS, Active Directory, scripting languages (Powershell, VBScript, Winbatch and/or others) and packaging tools;
· Good knowledge of ITIL
· Experience or certifications in Virtualization Technologies (either VMWare or Citrix or Microsoft);
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Ukraine (UA) || || Kiev || ServEng
Job details: Network Engineer Job Stage 06