Why is Ericsson a good place to work
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With close to 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
To meet the demand of our growing patent licensing business, the IPR & Licensing is building for the future. In addition to securing freedom-of-action for Ericsson on the telecom market, substantial revenues are created through Intellectual Property Rights (IPR). Ericsson currently has some 45,000 granted patents and more than 100 patent-licensing agreements in place.
You can be part of the team that is responsible for protecting the IPR of Ericsson's innovative technologies and products. IPR and Licensing offers interesting career opportunities in this very challenging and exciting area.
As a patent professional within the Patent Unit Kista, Radio Access Network, your main responsibilities will include the following:
• Identification and protection of patentable inventions. This will involve working in close cooperation with both inventors and research & standardization staff.
• Handling and decisions on patent applications and patents including, Drafting, filing and prosecution of patent applications.
• Assessment of the nature and desired extent of patent protection in view of Ericsson’s business.
• Reviewing Ericsson technologies and services under all patent aspects.
• Providing advice on validity, relevance and scope of both Ericsson and third-party patents.
Ensuring that R&D, Commercial and Legal management functions are fully aware of the significance of patent matters in their own areas of responsibility.
• Managing patent portfolios and making sure that quality is secured for our Standard Essential Patents (SEPs).
• Investigating and supporting in technical discussions for licensing and sales opportunities for Ericsson’s patents.
• Preparing claim charts
• Continuously improve the ways of working with the above responsibilities.
• Master or Ph.D. in a relevant technical field such as electronic engineering, applied physics, computer science, and ICT.
• Very good written and spoken English
• At least a few years’ experience of patent work
• Preferably European Patent Attorney, but applicants who have started with the certification would be considered.
• Self-motivated and strong drive to accomplish tasks and become a world-class patent professional.
• Good analytical and communication skills.
• Good knowledge of 3G, 4G and/or 5G standardization
Trust – Innovation - Performance: These are the core values that define Ericsson reputation and guide us in our daily work and in the way we do business.
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so send your application in English as soon as it is ready. If you have specific questions you are welcome to email recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Kista, Sweden
Last day to apply is the 5th of February, 2019.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 266679