Radio Platform Developer for XCS (Auxiliary Control System)
We are now seeking a dedicated developer for the C1/C2 link handling for the radio software platform. We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Radio SW strives to be the most competitive Radio Network R&D unit in the industry. We work in an agile set-up to develop and maintain competitive, high-quality Radio products which give our customer solutions securing future growth.
Radio SW is part of the Product Development Unit (PDU) Radio within Development Unit Networks (DNEW) in Business Area Networks (BNEW). We are based in Kista, Stockholm. We also have a close corporation with development of PDU Radio products in Ottawa, Beijing, Nanjing, Chengdu, Lund and Zagreb.
Radio SW provides possibility to work with the latest technology within telecommunication development. We can offer a rich number of opportunities in an everyday learning, creative and challenging atmosphere where Kista, Stockholm, is our base but the world is our arena.
We provide the SW platform for radio products also known as the auxiliary control system (XCS). In addition, we work with link handling normally referred to as RICR (Radio Interface Control Remote), controlling the link between the baseband unit and radio called CPRI (Common Public Radio Interface also known as C1. The interface between the baseband and new 5G radios is called C2 and is using Ethernet.
We organize in cross functional development teams, and we are involved in several activities at the same time. We are in an intense phase, due to 5G development, with many new products in the pipeline. There is a high pressure on quality, flexibility and understanding of HW and SW. It also means working with skilled colleagues in an inspiring environment.
We are now looking for a developer for the C1 and C2 link handling in auxiliary control system (XCS) for radio. You will work with the links connecting the radio unit to the baseband unit and to the antenna. Primarily that is the C1 or the C2 links but also other internal radio unit links.
Your role will include system design, SW design, trouble shooting in target environment and product documentation. Knowledge about Ethernet switching is essential. Knowledge about Linux and SW close to HW is of high value. Knowledge about Linux, Linux driver development in user space and in kernel, and SW close to HW is of high value.
• You will drive strategic technical leadership
• Develop and test high quality products
• Perform trouble shooting internally and on customer networks as well as handling customer support in general
• Drive continuous improvements of products and processes
• Develop competence in technical domain
• Execute continuous improvements of products and processes
Qualifications & Skills Requirements:
• Education: MSc in engineering or similar
• Min years of experience: 5 years of relevant experience
• Domain experience: Linux and SW close to HW, systemization and trouble-shooting, driver development
• Strong competence in Ethernet switching, IP networks in general and TLS/TCP/IP
• Experience from SW development in a Linux environment using e.g. GIT, Gerrit, Junit, Jenkins, Nexus, Bash/Shell, Artifactory
• Several years of experience working with C/C++ in an embedded environment
• Experience from designing and executing automated test scripts in Java, Python or similar.
• Product development knowledge and Product Lifecycle Management knowledge
• Ability to work with highly competent colleagues
• Being flexible and responding to change
• Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
The selection and interview process is ongoing. Therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible. For any questions and clarifications reach out to the recruiter, Valentyna Ivanova, email@example.com.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 266655