We are now looking for a Managed Service (MS) Senior Database Administrator; do you want to join us? In this role, you will secure delivery performance in alignment with the business case and managed service targets. You will be responsible to secure the quality and cost of the services delivered from their delivery unit either global or local in accordance to the expected levels agreed in the Working Level Agreements (WLA) and handle service performance requirements (global benchmark and targets). You will need to understand and act upon the end to end delivery performance even when the delivery is fragmented, thru a proper coordination with a MS Delivery Manager responsible for other parts of the delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science preferred) or substantially equivalent work experience
- 7 years’ experience with Oracle RDBMS Technology, Linux, RAC, Data Guard, Golden Gate.
Skills needed to successfully perform in this role:
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Good understanding of the Oracle database, related utilities and tools
- Good understanding of the underlying Unix flavored operating systems
- Good knowledge of the physical database design
- Good knowledge of Oracle GoldenGate and DataGuard
- Good knowledge of RMAN backup encryption
- Ability to perform both Oracle and operating system performance tuning and monitoring
- Knowledge of ALL Oracle backup and recovery scenarios
- Good knowledge of Oracle security management, including wallet keys
- Good knowledge of how Oracle acquires and manages resources
- Good knowledge Oracle data integrity
- Experience in code migration, database change management and data management through the various stages of the development life cycle
- Sound knowledge of both database and system performance tuning
- DBA should have sound communication skills with management, development teams, vendors and systems administrators
- DBA should have the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- DBA should possess a sound understanding of the business needs
- Implement and maintain the database design
- Create database objects (tables, indexes, etc.)
- Write database procedures, functions and triggers
- Assist developers with database activities
- Tune database queries
- Experience with 12C Cloud control a plus
- Monitor application related jobs and data replication activities
- Experience with automation tools, such as Jenkins
- Experience with large, 50+ Terabyte databases desirable
- Experience with Veridata a plus
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Bellevue || Consulting&SysInt