Principal Developer, Test Architect Mixed Source
Are you ready to make your mark?
Predicting the future is Fun – Inventing it is Powerful! @Ericsson, we do both by giving our employees the freedom to think Big. Here, your ideas and innovations can turn into pioneering technology that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to join our 5G journey? If yes, this career opportunity will be of interest to you!
RAN-I, within the Product Development Unit 4G5G, is the new Incubator unit where we make brilliant ideas grow into innovative products. Our first mission is to drive and deliver specific alternative solutions from Technical analysis to Product introduction in a context where innovative mindset and methods can be tried out.
Use of open source can provide significant additional cost savings and reduction in product development times. For Ericsson to achieve technology leadership we need to add the differentiators by combining open source with proprietary software e.g. Mixed source. We are actively building products that consist of open source and own develop SW in a bigger scale than done previously. The challenge matches our drive to innovate.
We are now looking for a Test Architect for Mixed Source. This role focuses on setting the test strategies on how to effectively test mixed source solutions. As our expert in this area, your main responsibility will be to secure our technology leadership and ensure we have the right scope, quality, time and cost for our product development. As a key player of our unit, you will also teach, coach, challenge and develop individuals, teams and organizations by fostering a creative and learning culture.
As a Test Architect for Mixed Source, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing an effective test environment to automatically build and test micro service-based product running in cloud consisting of open source component and Ericsson developed modules;
- Driving the test strategy for mixed source products;
- Evaluating open source tools and defining automatic toolchains for solving integration patterns with open source technology in cooperation with Ericsson ICT Development Unit;
- Leading and mentoring developers, both internal and external to Ericsson, regarding ways of working in open source communities such that it would attract and retain further contributors to the sub-project;
- Contribute to the design of new, more efficient, ways of working that drive faster technological development cycles and increase the pace of innovation;
- Maintain and develop connection with academia and relevant open source initiatives in the area test and integration position Ericsson as leader in this field;
- Establish an internal network with focus on open source test and integration.
- Proven technical experience as a leader with focus on SW architecture, agile methods, continuous integration and test methods for products including opens source;
- Several years of involvement and code contributions in a global open source project. Leading contributions in a project within the Linux Foundation framework constitutes an advantage;
- Around 10 years of experience in software development within telecommunications or ICT;
- Proven ability to follow up and communicate goals regularly and proactively set new goals;
- Comfortable to work with loosely-specified roles and changing requirements;
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or equivalent discipline, or the equivalent level of knowledge;
- Your English is fluent in both speaking and writing.
How to apply?
Interested in joining #TeamEricsson or/and know more about this position? Please send your cv and cover letter in English perfectly outlining how you meet the specific requirements of the position and visit www.ericsson.com to learn more about our Quest for Easy.
Primary Location: Stockholm, Kista – Sweden.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || Consulting&SysInt; IT; ProdMgt; R&D
Req ID: 266561