Do you want to craft great learning experiences for a truly global audience? Do you want to be part of an award-winning learning team? We have an up-to-date ecosystem of learning platforms at your disposal. Our pupils are longing for great learning experiences. You will become a key player in the learning team consisting of 300 dedicated professionals. You will interact with business stakeholders in Texas, New Delhi and Singapore on a daily basis while being part of a strong team in Kista to bounce ideas with.
If you are an experienced instructional designer who is enthusiastic about enabling workplace performance through accelerated learning interventions and have had success working with global organizations applying both active learning strategies and cultural intelligence to innovative learning solutions that enabled performance across diverse audiences then this role might be for you.
You will partner with leadership teams, stakeholders, learning professionals, and target learning audiences to design, develop, and evaluate blended learning interventions that reduce competency gaps and accelerate workplace performance consistent with organizational and strategic goals and learner preferences.
Empathic listening, patience, collaboration, creativity, innovation, iterative design and development, and business acumen are critical to being successful in working effectively with Ericsson, a truly global organization committed to the success of its customers – the world’s leading telecom operators and service providers, government agencies, and industry experts in transportation, equipment manufacturing, and energy and utilities -- through an empowered global workforce.
You will be part of our learning and development team and work closely with a head of competence readiness for a specific competency area. You will be responsible for designing and developing learning interventions for that area. You will be a member of the Ericsson Global Learning and Development network and will work closely with and be accountable for delivering interventions consistent with Ericsson global learning initiatives, brand and organizational standards and policies.
- Conduct needs and task analyses and recommend learning and performance interventions to reduce identified gaps
- Assess and interpret the group function needs and requirements
- Facilitate design sessions with key stakeholders, subject matter experts and project teams exemplifying empathic listening, collaboration, and validation of needs and requirements
- Continuously engage, collaborate and consult with a diverse group of stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts to identify, understand, and validate business needs related to group function learning solutions and support validation of solution effectiveness
- Recommend innovative and blended instructional design and learning strategies to accelerate learning that enables workplace performance
- Design, develop, and evaluate blended learning interventions that reduce competency gaps and accelerate workplace performance consistent with organizational and strategic goals and learner preferences
- Educate in matters of instructional design and performance improvement
- Apply current research and theory to the practice of instructional design
- Stay informed of trends in learning design
- Provide instructional design feedback
- Translate concepts into practice
- Education: Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in a relevant field such as Education, Instructional Design or similar concentration.
- 10+ years of overall experience in a global technology organization.
- 8+ years of work experience with solid career progression in the field of instructional design, including significant experience in designing and developing blended, self-directed learning solutions in large, global organizations
- Knowledge of and proven experience applying these learning strategies to successful learning interventions:
- Cognitive learning
- Active learning
- Accelerated learning
- Self-starter with confidence and initiative and effective collaboration, patience and empathic listening
- Unlike many instructional design positions, candidate is expected to develop foundational expertise in subject areas
- Experience working successfully with global organizations and using cultural intelligence to ensure learning interventions are effective globally
- Superior time management and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to work cooperatively with all levels in the organization, think quickly on your feet, and work effectively as part of a positive, high-performing team
- Experience to set appropriate priorities, manage workload and multiple projects independently and as part of a team
- Ability to organize with an attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines
- Relevant certifications and/or associations are desired but not required
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong interpersonal business skills to build and maintain effective relationships, influencing clients, managing stakeholder expectations and networking
- Solid project management skills including planning work, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, using time well and doing what it takes to deliver reliable results
There is flexibility in location based on proximity to headquarters and competency areas supporting.
Deadline for applications: 11th February
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || SharedServ
Req ID: 266509