Principal RAN Evolution Developer
This is a principal developer position of RAN evolution in SW Architecture & Technology. As the architecture of RAN is facing big structural changes when moving from 3G/4G to 5G, many evolutions need be done in RAN side. And in the meantime, the organization needs a champion to drive RAN future directions and product roadmap. This role needs to work on continuous RAN evolution, including architecture and solution, etc.
In telecommunication industry, the pace of technology evolution is becoming faster and faster; the new technologies from different industries are starting to converge to meet growing demands for more data, less latency, more reliable communication. As a principal developer in RAN Evolution, the position requires acumen on technology evolution and marketing trend and driving the new architecture design for a long-term evolution to meet the expected technical and economic benefits.
Continuous RAN evolution is the critical part of managing Ericsson business sustainably in keeping technology leadership. It is of great importance that this position is secured, and Ericsson invests in this role for future business success.
Position Authority and Responsibility
The role is expected to drive evolution of RAN architecture and enable future products, capacity growth, performance improvement and simplicity. The work includes specification as well as planning and implementation.
The holder of this role is responsible for:
- Track and influence customer requirements and align region requirements with global products.
- Analyze competitor’s product roadmap and solution, and track market leading technology.
- Propose product solution, architecture and roadmap.
- Develop short and long term customized technical directions.
- Pilot new emerging technology/design method/architecture/methodology as pre-development of global products.
- Work in specific areas (MIMO, AI, AC, etc.) study, e.g. analyzing system performance and implementing algorithms in early trials.
- Drive E2E evolution of HW and SW including Radio, Baseband and vRAN areas.
- Coordinate with UE Vendors and align technical roadmap between network and UE.
- Track and influence standards, network and product evolution.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || || Beijing || R&D
Req ID: 266496