Red Bee Media has vacancies for Full-time permanent captioners to join our Sydney-based production team.
Red Bee Media makes content accessible to audiences with sensory disabilities on behalf of its broad customer-base, including major national public and commercial broadcasters.
We are now looking for captioners to join the Sydney team in our Rosebery office.
You will be fully trained to:
- Create verbatim captions for live and pre-recorded programming.
- Work to agreed quality levels and undertake continuous quality review activity.
- Undertake administrative and archiving duties as required.
- Contribute to a team effort that meets the needs of a range of different clients.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Superior written and spoken English skills.
- An aptitude for developing a speech recognition profile.
- The ability to multitask and work to real-time deadlines.
- An aptitude for learning to operate unfamiliar software.
- A flexible approach to working hours – you will be working on a rotating roster.
- A technical mindset. The ability to understand systems and carry out basic problem solving and troubleshooting is essential.
- Quick thinking and a level head. Dealing with changing client requirements, especially in a live TV environment, requires a can-do attitude to achieve a timely and appropriate response.
Red Bee Media offers:
- Full training.
- A competitive salary with associated benefits.
- Full-time hours across a 4-day week (weekend work included)
- YOU + ERICSSON - staff benefits
- Further development and career opportunities
If you’re interested in working with our team then please apply now!
We will not be providing a work permit/visa for this position
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities.
Please Note: We are only interested in applications from individuals and are not interested in any speculative calls or submissions from Recruitment Agencies.
Primary country and city: Australia (AU) || || Sydney || IT
Job details: Access Services Operations Job Stage 02